• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2013/14 Big Horns N/S Snow Conditions

Ryan-41

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Cheyenne, Wyoming
www.myspace.com
What kind of aircraft were you flying? I used to fly over the Horns a lot on my way from ND to Lovell and back. Never took the time to really fly the range. I'd love to fly it in the winter time!

I have a buddy that is training to be a helicopter pilot, so it was a Robinson R22!
It is so cool flying above the Mountains! Breathtaking!!

Ryan

N

nytro4

Mar 13, 2011
Southern mn
cool picture, nice to see what it looks like from above, can see the back side of ski hill on the left by lake, flyin over a person can find all the good play areas lol.:face-icon-small-hap

R

revguy144

Nov 11, 2011
fuel

we were up this summer and they said they cant pump gas they need a new system or they wernt certified that sad when you get to be the person running a place like that and you cant have gas for the atvs or utvs

shelbwyo

Lifetime Membership
Jun 29, 2010
Sheridan, Wyo
That's enough to piss a guy off. Making rock creek a wilderness area is about the dumbest thing I have ever heard of. The bighorns have plenty of wilderness. The fact that they have been trying for so many years to get this to pass means they are some true greenies, probably not originally from wyoming.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
we were up this summer and they said they cant pump gas they need a new system or they wernt certified that sad when you get to be the person running a place like that and you cant have gas for the atvs or utvs
"Right now, we have fuel, a warm fire and food. See ya on the mountain."

Well they must have gotten it figured out. Its hard to put too much blame on them when they are transitioning management/owners. Either way, it sounds like they will have things straightened out at high country this winter.

W

wyhighcountrylodge

Oct 29, 2008
WY High Country Lodge, WY
I to would like to know who you are WHC. Introduce yourself, let us know what your thoughts are towards the sport we all love. Talk the owner of the lodge into purchasing a membership on this site,(Corey paid for his own) support those who support the business. Pleas dispell or confirm the rumors that we have been hearing. I would love hearing firsthand daily reports of what is going on up on the mountain. Seems that the other side lodges don't care enough to be a member on here or do daily reports.

Check out our post "Who's Who at WHC" in the Wyoming forum.

W

wyhighcountrylodge

Oct 29, 2008
WY High Country Lodge, WY
Conditions Update

We haven't had any new accumulation at WHC, our snow stick shows 1'5" at this point. The storm that was predicted for earlier in the week never materialized.

It has been warming up into the 30's during the day, so we expect some settling over the next few days.

They are predicting a couple of inches of new snow this week. We will see what really happens!

With regard to the conversation about fuel. We have it, we can pump it and our price is $4.95 this winter.

Hope to see you all soon!

TJ427

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2012
Bismarck, ND
Hoping for deep snow so we can come visit you this winter. Are you going to do the early booking special like they did last year? Thanks.

M

mtsummitx

Nov 26, 2007
Billings, MT
Happy Tuesday everyone!

We received 2" of new snow overnight, that puts us at 1'8" at the Lodge right now. It's a chilly -8°, but the sun is shining!

Hope you all have a great day!

This may sound like a petty b!&ch, but when reporting snow depth could you report in inches please. It's just a mental thing, but 20 inches sounds better to me than 1 foot 8 inches :face-icon-small-ton

M

mtsummitx

Nov 26, 2007
Billings, MT
Boy you guys have no sense of humor!!!! Mow, 800 sounds better than 48.6, larger #!!! Same thing with 20 vs. 1'8" bigger #'s. Get it???

For someone that is the continual smarta$$ on this site you have very little room to criticize me.

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
Boy you guys have no sense of humor!!!! Mow, 800 sounds better than 48.6, larger #!!! Same thing with 20 vs. 1'8" bigger #'s. Get it???

For someone that is the continual smarta$$ on this site you have very little room to criticize me.

Don't get me wrong. I'm still being a continual smart azz. And believe me. There is always room to criticize!! But deep down inside, I think you do really care about the way HCL is posting snow depth. Therefore you have set yourself up for the mow to take its course.

owenb2

Lifetime Membership
Mar 8, 2010
wyo

Hahaha. I appreciate the humor... It's hard to gauge humor given the earlier content on this thread!

I agree tho, inches do sound more impressive.

Premium Features