• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best Exhaust Paint

ultrasks700

Premium Member
Jul 7, 2009
MAINE
Be doing the same ol' seasonal thang since ive started riding:
-remove exhaust components
-scrape n sand em down
-paint with high temp black

It does OK, but by the end of the season the rust is back.

Anyone find a paint or coating that HOLDS UP?

M
Mar 18, 2011
Manitoba
Be doing the same ol' seasonal thang since ive started riding:
-remove exhaust components
-scrape n sand em down
-paint with high temp black

It does OK, but by the end of the season the rust is back.

Anyone find a paint or coating that HOLDS UP?

I Do the same, guess powderCoat?

F

fast8seccamaro

Oct 22, 2010
Thorsby Alberta
I Do the same, guess powderCoat?

Not powdercoat but ceramic coat. Ive had great luck with my local coater on new pipes, cans and car headers but my used stuff will always rust after a couple years. Going to try out another guy with a used m8 pipe here soon.

montananate

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2013
Great Falls, MT
X2 on ceramic coating looking to get some of my skidoo zx single pipes. The Crank Shop in Vermont does it was think of having them do mine but I don't know if it is just powder coat or ceramic coat it has been a while since I looked there used to be a couple of guys on here that do this stuff I think. I have several that I would like to do too.

B

Bedhead

Jan 3, 2015
Central MN
Vht high temp header paint works well if you do the proper prep. I have had it on my firebird headers for almost ten years. BUT that usually gets driven when its nice out. I have it on my cat now but while trailering it on my open trailer the salt did a number on it. It did stay put where the salt didnt get at it.

Premium Features