• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2011 Summer Projects....?

M

monster715

Nov 4, 2009
Wisconsin
OK Boys - those of you out west are still riding (ya lucky bastards).......however, those of us here in the flat land area are pretty much done for the most part. Maybe a little riding in northern Minnesota/Wisconsin yet - but our winter is just about done. SO......its time to start thinking about summer projects.

What upgrades to your 900(s) are you looking at for this summer?

Here is what I am thinking:
1 - Compfusion motor mount added.
2 - FBF throttle/oil cable.
3 - Injectors flow tested.
4 - Already did the radiator delete option - now I want to get rid of the rest of that crappy cooling system. Looking at a large U-cooler of some sort.
5 - Here is the big one......sled is currently a 144 - looking to extend to at least a 155 or greater with a lightweight rear skid as well. Researching right now what it will take to actually put a Pro-RMK coil over skid in that pig.

I think this will keep me busy for the summer. I will keep you posted on what I find out about the Pro-RMK skid and what that will take to do (unless someone has already figured out what it will take to do this - then share the love!!!).

M

Mech Engr

Sep 27, 2010
Mountains
Whoa..not everyone out west is still riding........................lol
May be into a complete if I can not find a good home for it. That should take ALL summer!!

Speak for yourself man, we are getting dumped on in Nor-Cal...over 8 feet since Friday is what the local ski resorts in Tahoe are saying. At the rate we are going I'll be riding through the end of summer and may just make it right on through to next season!!

John

D

danduvall

Jan 28, 2010
n.e. ohio
Monster sounds like ya got a full plate!! Keep us posted on the rear skid swap!

Myself...
rider select delete
Stator rebuild
billet motor crossmember
injectors flo tested
cpi pipe
dragon seat post
Ridgid steering post
And I would looooove to relocate my tunnel cooler and have a nice clean straight tunnel!

We need a flatlanders mod& setup section!!!!!!

S

sno_mo_racer

Oct 28, 2009
Kugluktuk Nunavut
Monster sounds like ya got a full plate!! Keep us posted on the rear skid swap!

Myself...
rider select delete
Stator rebuild
billet motor crossmember
injectors flo tested
cpi pipe
dragon seat post
Ridgid steering post
And I would looooove to relocate my tunnel cooler and have a nice clean straight tunnel!

We need a flatlanders mod& setup section!!!!!!

No major projects here but just some PM's.

I second Dan also on the bold...........

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
lol. man every year i say i wont do much this summer, ill spend my money on food, but it never works out, and i overwhelm myslef in too many projects and scramble at the last minute before season...so heres MY summer projects...

06 RMK 900

• Custom built Turbo kit, 50% built by myself, 50% built by my buddy
  • Get custom made fit kit bracket for my Ice Age Rails to support the Timbersled Mtn. Tamer suspension
  • replace RAW steering hoop conversion back to STOCK 900 steering hoop since the RAW hoop is WAY weaker, and i have busted it twice already this season. Add the Rider select delete kit, and modify the FNI HiFLo Stirrup vents i have on the RAW Hoop to the stock 900 hoop
  • would love to get a Torque Master 1 crank setup, but dont think i will have the money for it?
  • get my custom made Billet Throttle Body boots ;)
  • convert this 06 to an 05 motor for better tuning/reliablilty for the TURBO!!!!!

05 RMK 900 (975)

• Finish assembly and install of Carls Cycle 975 Big bore with TM3 crank
  • Powder coat/Install custom made VE style Tunnel (off Machinemans old 975 build!!)
  • Finish Trail Tank Conversion
  • Fine tune my Custom Valved Carls Cycle Zero Pro rear skid shocks
  • Powder coat Ice Age Rails Gloss Black
  • Do some more Powder coating throughout sled, red and black..or all black..not sure yet!!!
  • get my custom made Billet Throttle Body boots ;)

--live the dream as a new single man! ;)

If i think of anything else i wanna waste money on, i will update this reply, lol...

Last edited:
D

Danbot

Nov 29, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Not too much for me, I might be able to buy new next season. But the 900 is a keeper, so it will get some work.
-I will either have a 166 or 163 under me for next season.
-I would like to go with a narrower front suspension
-injector service
-maintenance and repairs

M

monster715

Nov 4, 2009
Wisconsin
Sean........HOLY CRAP!!!! That is a laundry list and a half! I am thinking of just shipping my sled to you and let you finish it for me.

OK - so I found some issues with the Pro-RMK skid into the IQ chassis. Biggest thing is going to be the driveshaft. The driveshaft on the Pro-RMK is shorter than the IQ because they repositioned the chaincase. I need to look at that one a little closer. Also, the current mounting plates on my sled are too short for the longer skids. Again - my sled is the 144 Switch so that tunnel was setup for the 144 and 151. So, rear mounting plate would need to be moved to accomodate the longer skid (longer than 151). That one was probably the 'no-brainer' on the list.

On a separate note - I remember guys on here talking about sending their injectors out to get flow tested but I have not been able to locate any of those threads. Do you guys remember where everyone was sending those injectors to have that done?

DANDUVAL.......I also like your suggestion on the flatlanders mod & setup section.

M

monster715

Nov 4, 2009
Wisconsin
Sean - I forgot to add one thing to the 'summer list'.......installation of one Boondocker Control Box. Oh Yeah!!!!

Also.....last summer's project involved a major revamp of the enclosed trailer which included lots of lights, RV furnace, stereo system, shelving, workbench and of course a BAR - and we still get 4 sleds in there. Now this summer, I need to figure out how to get a stripper pole in there!!:thumb:

S

sw

Sep 10, 2009
Minnesota
New windshield and a properly cooled case of beer! Pretty lame but hey, it's been solid last couple of years, I'll spend a dollar on 'er! Anyone have a smoke 3 pc. you're willing to part with? Have a blizzard brewing now, maybe one more ride here yet, see if that flipper thing still works-out!:scared:

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
I am going to build a super light t900 around my TM3 . But I will probably have Dan put it in 06 cases so I can run 4 injectors. I may use a raw chassis not sure on that yet. I will make as many lightweight parts as possible. my goal is to build a T900 @ 475#s or less . This will be a full out mod and I sincerly doubt it will be ready next season

I also be working on

COBE Billet suspensions ( gen 2) and Pro RMK conversion kits
Billet intake boots
Some type of custome intakes (I will have 2 F&I intakes for sale after the season )
Next seasons stock of RS Deletes and billet chaincase covers

D

danduvall

Jan 28, 2010
n.e. ohio
I am going to build a super light t900 around my TM3 . But I will probably have Dan put it in 06 cases so I can run 4 injectors. I may use a raw chassis not sure on that yet. I will make as many lightweight parts as possible. my goal is to build a T900 @ 475#s or less . This will be a full out mod and I sincerly doubt it will be ready next season

I also be working on

COBE Billet suspensions ( gen 2) and Pro RMK conversion kits
Billet intake boots
Some type of custome intakes (I will have 2 F&I intakes for sale after the season )
Next seasons stock of RS Deletes and billet chaincase covers

Billet intake boots??? Do tell, my friend!!!

M

monster715

Nov 4, 2009
Wisconsin
Yes.....and I quite interested in your Pro-RMK conversion kits.

I mentioned in previous note on this thread that the drive shaft was shorter and was going to be a concern - but as I thought about that more after I posted it......that should really not matter. I was actually speaking with someone at Polaris and we were going through and making a list of the differences in the whole drivtrain and that was one of them. The only difference really should just be the mounting locations for the skid and matching the correct track pitch to the driveshaft.

Any other feedback that anyone has on this potential conversion - by all means, share the 'love'.

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
Yes.....and I quite interested in your Pro-RMK conversion kits.

I mentioned in previous note on this thread that the drive shaft was shorter and was going to be a concern - but as I thought about that more after I posted it......that should really not matter. I was actually speaking with someone at Polaris and we were going through and making a list of the differences in the whole drivtrain and that was one of them. The only difference really should just be the mounting locations for the skid and matching the correct track pitch to the driveshaft.

Any other feedback that anyone has on this potential conversion - by all means, share the 'love'.

I was refering to a conversion kit so that we can use The same billet Control arms for all RMKs 09 and up and on the Pro . Custom mounts are all thats reqiured.

Premium Features