• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

togwote

edgey

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2001
Go to brooks lake lodge cross the lake to the north climb up hill follow the marked but not groomed trail back to the east it will open up and jewels bowl is to the south of ya and other hills to play on in the area.

R

RMOD800

Nov 18, 2008
I've seen Jewels slide several times. Use to ride it a lot, but I try to avoid it now. Other places that are better and safer.

Seedie_Man

Lifetime Membership
Mar 3, 2008
Park Rapids, MN
Where is this death trap??? I wanna avoid it if possible if it's a known areal of slides

Have you ever been to Jewels Bowl?

I'm not going to give directions to a place I won't go to because I believe it's very unsafe! It's not a place that you ride through, one way in same way out. If you get in there and can't/won't see the danger, in my opinion you need to reevaluate what you deem "safe".

Not trying to be a jerk, just don't want to hear of someone getting buried. Especially when there are many many better places to ride!

Steve

Finnlandr

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 21, 2009
Parts Unknown
No I don't have the avy training or bag/ beacon. If anything I'd just rent a couple beacons if they have some left from the lodge.

Is this a joke?

No its not. Only been there couple times. Found some good areas yes. Steep long climbs not really. So if you don't have any areas to point me to then you can just shut the hell up

I think he's referring to your above statement....I know your 23 and bulletproof but please do yourself a favor and get the necessary training and safety gear.

black z

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2014
MN
No its not. Only been there couple times. Found some good areas yes. Steep long climbs not really. So if you don't have any areas to point me to then you can just shut the hell up

Suit yourself, kid. People are just looking out for each other. No way i would ever ride without a beacon.

togwotee9

The Baconator
Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2008
Council Bluffs, IA
There are some great hills on the other side of those silly wooden sticks on top of Angle mountain. Have fun.

Last edited:
F
Apr 5, 2009
and like I said we'd rent becans out there. and if you know a place that does avy training in MN id probably go to it. and yeah to the me being bullet proof I know im not, and I don't think that it will never happen to me ive been out there and have people in my group set of small slides and had a couple come down in them. the reason I don't have a beacon personally is I get out west once or twice a year max and would rather rent one then buy one. if you wanna gift me one ill gladly take it other than that im not gonna buy one until more than 1 or 2 people in the group have their own.

newmy1

Lifetime Membership
Sep 3, 2008
Huskerland
You have friends that have been in slides. Sure good idea rent a beacon and pound away on the hills with no avy/beacon training.

Did you intend to post this in the MN section.

Last edited:
F
Apr 5, 2009
No it was not ment for the MN section. If there was a place in the the state of MN I'd drive to it and bring someone with me from the group but I've never seen one around here

Ryan-41

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Cheyenne, Wyoming
www.myspace.com
I think steep climbs is the last thing you should be asking about! You obviously don't know much about Mountain riding, slides can and will happen to anyone! Get some avalanche training before you come west! Hope you take some people's advice on here cause one person getting buried is one too many!

Premium Features