• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Guys please help!!

M
Nov 27, 2015
Hey I'm new to this fourm. I have a 2005 m7 with an aftermarket turbo set up
I'm having a problem. The rear heat exchanger is not warming up I'll let it idle and run the engine is getting hot and I'm not sure if the coolent is cycling to the rear. I had the front end up about 5 feet hoping to get any air locks out. I'm confused what's goin on. Also the turbo intercooler I'm unsure if it need to be bled or what. Please help me out.

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
you could have a few items going on here. lay the sled on the clutch side down for 30 seconds not running then flip it back and check the coolant level. this makes the coolant bottle the high point in the system. if the level drops add and repete. if no level drops make sure the sled is in the shop over night and warm to make sure you don't have frozen coolant in the bulk head area. i have see guys buy antifreeze that was 50/50 already and then add 50% water to it not knowing it was 50/50. if each of these don't work you might have a bad water pump gear or broken pump blade.

M
Nov 27, 2015
Ok thanks I'll try that I know I bought straight antifreeze and had to mix it. I've replaces the thermostat so far. I'll let you know. I thought by lifting the front end up real high would make it the higest point but I'll try what you said.

B

Bedhead

Jan 3, 2015
Central MN
If it has an air bubble trapped in there it can be a real pain in the a** to get out. Even with air bleeds built in. Keep working with it.

M
Oct 20, 2013
Bleeding exchangers

Roll over on clutch side as stated above, run throttle with track off the ground because it is completely on its side. Just idleing it is difficult to get the rear heat exchanger to heat up. Although running it spinning it 5min. on its side will warm it up.
Keep oil full and antifreeze full and repeat until level doesn't drop at all. Oil full, because it can get an air bubble in the line!
If it doesn't warm up, broken water pump! Hope it is not!

Last edited:
Premium Features