• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

TRS shock build sheets

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
Just for your information.
Sent out a set of build sheets to a Snowester. He sent the shocks out to have them revalved.

I received a PM that they weren't working. Finally he sent me the RTS. The RTS was the worst performing shock of the 4. It had the wrong spring. They installed an IFS spring on it. The valve shims that were replaced were either the wrong size or well used burned out shims. The bypass hole was also drilled to large. He will need to replace it $$$$$. They need a proper set of drills for this task. The end washers were also of the wrong diameter.

Long story short, I cannot guarantee you will get a proper rebuild from anyone other than Rogers Sport Center(307-587-6818), myself or do them yourself. In a previous thread, I stated you can only get the 1.200" shims from Walker Evans or PI. You cannot replace this shim with a 1.250" OD size.
TRS

Last edited:

wfieldin

Lifetime Membership
Jul 28, 2009
Denver
Clarification on the IFS Spring, the right part was ordered directly from a local Polaris dealer. It came in the correctly labeled package but is the wrong spring.... go figure, going to be fun convincing the dealer of this one!

2Quickrides

Lifetime Membership
Nov 11, 2012
Edmonton
Just for your information.
Sent out a set of build sheets to a Snowester. He sent the shocks out to have them revalved.

I received a PM that they weren't working. Finally he sent me the RTS. The RTS was the worst performing shock of the 4. It had the wrong spring. They installed an IFS spring on it. The valve shims that were replaced were either the wrong size or well used burned out shims. The bypass hole was also drilled to large. He will need to replace it $$$$$. They need a proper set of drills for this task. The end washers were also of the wrong diameter.

Long story short, I cannot guarantee you will get a proper rebuild from anyone other than Rogers Sport Center(307-587-6818), myself or do them yourself. In a previous thread, I stated you can only get the 1.200" shims from Walker Evans or PI. You cannot replace this shim with a 1.250" OD size.
TRS

This kind of just happened to me. Polaris had the wrong spring in the bag, shock rebuilder installed the spring I supplied him. It was an IFS spring in the bag with the right part number. Proper spring is on the way and I have the parts girl checking the spring against a sled in the showroom to make sure it's the right one.

Premium Features