• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

<<< SnoWest Arctic Cat FREE SLED Giveaway>>>

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

coolx2

Nov 29, 2007
I love how the TKI belt drive has more votes then the C3. Can't wait to see how this sled ends up.

Shwinecat

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Milbank, SD
I really feel this is Arctic cats way of reaching out to the members on snow west to make the best snowmobile possible. It would be nice since they donated the sled to at least leave it looking like a cat. If you put to many mods on it it will be so far from stock it really will not represent Arctic Cat. I would love to see us members and builders get this sled to a weight we all want with as much Arctic cat products as possible.

Lighten the sled up where it should be while keeping it strong. Dial the clutching and suspension in. I would love to have my son win the sled. He would make Arctic Cat by showing the sled off.

bholmlate

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2009
Reno, Nevada
I Think that was the intent of this whole build in the first place. To improve the sled as much as possible but leave it still resembling the nature of what it is an arctic cat. i think some of the people here are just throwing out ideas so that they will be signed up to win it. If i am not mistaken Christopher in one of his first few posts said that they intend to use many OEM arctic cat parts as they can. hence updating the suspension to 2016 Arctic Cat suspension configurations front and rear. I think the only thing they have used that wasn't from Arctic Cat so far was the clutching.

manlye

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2009
A Two Stroke Turbo from the Factory really is not reality, way too many warranty claims.

I don't see much talk about setting the engine up from the factory for the high altitude we encounter.

A higher compression head that would require 91 as a baseline, a much larger intake/snorkle making the engine mountain specific as well, not just the same HO800 as in the trail sleds.

DDECKER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2013
CRAIG COLORADO
Lets be honest no ones going to turn down a free sled...So snowest do as you like...cant please tham all!!! :face-icon-small-win

S

sw Pub

Nov 26, 1999
It's been a while since we've moved the needle on this project build. Blame in ton a nice spring and a poor golf game ... or perhaps we all get too busy with summer. But regardless, we're about ready to get back to it.

I've been communicating with Arctic Cat about a few more modifications that have been suggested by forum members. It's great to see how Cat is looking at our ideas and offering some latitude on what we do. They're boxing up another shipment of OEM parts (things you can find in their performance catalog) for us to install. Plus, they've green-lighted some modifications that don't include what they have to offer. So I'll start making some calls and get more parts coming our way.

Cat's mountain engineers are close to wrapping up their testing on snow so that will provide a more direct line of access to experts when time comes to make modifications. (We don't want to give away a snowmobile based on my wrenching capabilities without adult supervision.)

We'll keep you posted as parts arrive.

Also, Cat has offered us two directions on a steering post. We can go with their fixed post (which is used by most of their racers), or we can install the 2016 telescopic post (which is much tighter, lighter and more adaptable).

What say you forum members, fixed or adjustable?

Bocephus

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2010
if the adjustable is strong and tight, i see no reason not to run it. when i used to run cat, i loved the adjustable post............i just didnt like how week it was. the sloppy part never bothered me too much after i got used to it...

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Fixed post with adjustable riser.
The telescopic post is great for riding however, it has no horizontal give when rolling over, hitting still objects, hard landings, so all of the energy from impacts is transferred through the post and all of its mounting points. With the pivoting riser, it has a 'give point'. It reduces the stress load on the rest of the chassis and ur wrists if u hit a large hole.

Los frijoles estan muy caliente dijo la mama osa!

Quinlan

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
ND
I think I like the idea of the fixed post also. As mentioned, you can always go with an aftermarket bar riser for more adjustability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features