• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Will sledders buy anything?

Will Sledders buy anything?

• Yes

Votes: 79 61.7%
  • No

Votes: 27 21.1%
  • Jay shut up and just take my money!

Votes: 22 17.2%

• Total voters
J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
And why? Honest question.

If sleds come with low bars, someone makes and pushes higher bars - people buy them.

If sleds come with high bars, someone pushes low bars - people buy them. Potentially the same people who paid to have higher bars a year or 2 before.

Same with seats.

One time I saw 2 threads above one another - one was discussing how to port your track for weight loss, the one above was discussing a new "kit" for plugging the holes in a factory ported track.

People buy tools to cut their track lugs shorter, and then later buy new tracks having longer lugs than the originals :face-icon-small-con

Buy a snowcheck sled, with a custom colour package that costs extra....then put a full wrap on it.

Not saying I'm not guilty, and any motorsport can get carried away with "mods." I've just never seen any sport or vehicle undergo so many redundant "mods" over the years lol

tdblakes

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
No...

I think sledders with common sense buy things that have real improvements in power/handling whatever... That must come with age tho.

I'm guilty of buying stupid things for my sled because it was "cool" like the big riser and handlebars I had on my 02 edge and MBRP can... I wanted a headlight cover too but never got one... man I was cool back then. what happened :face-icon-small-coo

its all the psychology of marketing. Who are the iconic snowmobilers and what do they use because obviously it must be the best. :face-icon-small-sho

F

FCR112

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Feb 1, 2008
I laugh at myself when the new model color schemes come out. Seems I can almost always find one that is so cool and all the sudden my current sled ( which was kick *** before I see what has pretty much new side panels:) ) doesn't look quite as desirable. Stoopid Human Condition.:face-icon-small-ton

Last edited:
G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
Maybe, maybe not. Can't decide Jay. Can you put in a "possibly" in the poll to make it more real.

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
Yes , definitely yes , marketing has a big deal over practicality .

How can a four stroke start in sub zero weather where a two stroke along side of it has to be pull started because it won't turn over in those conditions ?

Why are the running boards so narrow on a mountain sled when the majority of the time the rider stands up and there isn't enough room and the boot straddles the rail when trying to fit it on the running board ?

Why purchase a sled that's known for having problems and rely on the warranty to take care of it ?

Why is it the brand loyal have no clue what the other brands have to offer ?

Here's you track windows :face-icon-small-hap

IMG_20140206_144302_259.jpg

Last edited:

Hanging in there
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 6, 2009
somewhere in South East Idaho
Who are the iconic snowmobilers and what do they use because obviously it must be the best. :face-icon-small-sho

I know several like that~~ just because certain other people do it it must be right~ so they want to be on the in crowd~~ when they are actually taking away from what the initial design of the sled and what it was intended to do~ then end up with a halfast groomer~

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
And why? Honest question.

If sleds come with low bars, someone makes and pushes higher bars - people buy them.

If sleds come with high bars, someone pushes low bars - people buy them. Potentially the same people who paid to have higher bars a year or 2 before.

Same with seats.

One time I saw 2 threads above one another - one was discussing how to port your track for weight loss, the one above was discussing a new "kit" for plugging the holes in a factory ported track.

People buy tools to cut their track lugs shorter, and then later buy new tracks having longer lugs than the originals :face-icon-small-con

Buy a snowcheck sled, with a custom colour package that costs extra....then put a full wrap on it.

Not saying I'm not guilty, and any motorsport can get carried away with "mods." I've just never seen any sport or vehicle undergo so many redundant "mods" over the years lol

LMAO, that is so true.

snowdog484

Lifetime Membership
Mar 18, 2009
Winsted, MN
Its 50/50. Some folks have it bad. Its their drug. My drug of choice too, nothing beats adrenaline baby! Mod away

R

roni87

Feb 11, 2011
I Falls, MN
why

Why do people start new threads on which can is best for my rmk? When there is already 20 threads that ask the same question? You might have asked a question with no answer...

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
Once i have figured out what i like though the years ive stuck with it. Took some trial and error but i know i like a low seat, lower bars, and not loud

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

O
Dec 6, 2007
Spend some time in the Yammi forum, especially the drooling over the new Viper. Nice sled for sure but, they make a video.... they pack 124 lbs of snow onto a Pro RMK (still lighter) and compare it to a Doo and the Viper. The Viper of course holds 80 lbs less snow.

Then Yammi prices the 4 stroke 1000 like a 2 stroke 800, as if it is a legitimate competitor. Then they disseminate into the turbo version not wanting to talk about the $2500-3000 it costs to add to the sled.

It will go anywhere your Pro goes with no more effort. The power (turbo) makes up for the wieght, you don't feel it while riding. They are all heavy when they are stuck.

So much denial going on there Dr Phil could do a weeks worth of shows just on Christopher.

People WILL buy anything.

P

polarcat39

Nov 16, 2013
Wyoming
Spend some time in the Yammi forum, especially the drooling over the new Viper. Nice sled for sure but, they make a video.... they pack 124 lbs of snow onto a Pro RMK (still lighter) and compare it to a Doo and the Viper. The Viper of course holds 80 lbs less snow.

Then Yammi prices the 4 stroke 1000 like a 2 stroke 800, as if it is a legitimate competitor. Then they disseminate into the turbo version not wanting to talk about the $2500-3000 it costs to add to the sled.

It will go anywhere your Pro goes with no more effort. The power (turbo) makes up for the wieght, you don't feel it while riding. They are all heavy when they are stuck.

So much denial going on there Dr Phil could do a weeks worth of shows just on Christopher.

People WILL buy anything.

This is funny, after snowchecking my 2015 Pro RMK for $13000 otd, I got a quote on a 2015 Viper MTX:

$13,349 Retail
-$649 Discount
$12,700 Snow Check price
$2,000 Turbo Kit
$1,100 Install of Turbo Kit
-$250 Install Credit
$15,550 subtotal (not including MN tax of 7.35%, title, registration)

OUCH!

Back to the original topic, yes. I buy anything. If Rassmussen or Burandt has it, I want it. I've often wondered if drugs would be cheaper...

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Let's see, adrenaline rush, check. Pings testosterone, check. Appeals to guys who are capable of making money, and willing to spend it to get the other two, check. Yep, done deal, we'll buy anything marketing sells us that meets those requirements. Just another +9, high maintenance girlfriend...

R

roni87

Feb 11, 2011
I Falls, MN
I'm sure more than one guy will put a 2" bar riser on their 'low' pro taper bars.:face-icon-small-dis

BTW I'm still waiting for Polaris to make a 146 option..

Premium Features