• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2015/16 Togwotee Snow Conditions

sledr4life

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
How are the trail conditions? I have some friends that are staying there for a couple of days and probably wont get too far off trail, but dont want to ride moguls all day either.

SODAK-DOO

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2015
eastern south dakota
planning a trip the 3-7 of February and am torn between steamboat and togwotee mountain lodge. i really like togwotee and am hoping if there is any good chance of some good snow accumulation in the next 10 days to convince me to go there or go to steamboat for the first time. i know that rabbit ears/buffalo pass is getting pounded now but that could be a different story in 2 weeks when we are going. any help would be great!

I
Jan 19, 2016
Would like to ride in Tog starting the 26th or 27th for about 2 weeks but my buddies can't go so I'm stuck alone. Wondering if anyone will be there then who wouldn't mind taking on 1 rider? I don't think ill need a place to stay, just guys to ride with. Can keep up and love trees. Desperately looking for guys

Lander

Premium Member
Nov 12, 2011
Casper, WY
planning a trip the 3-7 of February and am torn between steamboat and togwotee mountain lodge. i really like togwotee and am hoping if there is any good chance of some good snow accumulation in the next 10 days to convince me to go there or go to steamboat for the first time. i know that rabbit ears/buffalo pass is getting pounded now but that could be a different story in 2 weeks when we are going. any help would be great!

I would check the Snowy Range posts, the snow has been MUCH better there than Togwotee the entire season.

Lander

Premium Member
Nov 12, 2011
Casper, WY
Just got back from three days of riding and we stayed close to the divide. It was getting pretty heavily tracked close to the highway, but the further south we went there were plenty of untracked spots. Even with all the new snow from last week, the base is probably the worst I have seen for the end of January.

ejf50

Lifetime Membership
Mar 6, 2008
Just got back from riding out of union pass.

Snow was not great and really lightened our check books!

3 a-arms, a driver, and a overstructure.....plus a blown sled! for 5 of us!

we found plenty of untracked stuff south of the divide, but plenty of landmines obviously. We usually do our trip during this same time frame and this was probably the worst conditions we have seen over the last 6-8 years.
Just no base as others have said. Still beat working!

snopro11

Premium Member
Nov 13, 2009
Alright guys who have recently ridden tog how are the conditions? We have cabin available at steamboat prolly going there cause they have 3' pow already. Never had a bad trip at tog just keep hearing base is still thin. And a big snowmaker coming this wknd. Thanks y'all

P

pez

Feb 4, 2010
Was there last week and was one of the best trips I have had out there in the past few years

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jhubs

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2008
last week as in Togwotee or Steamboat? Have some buddies in steamboat right now, looks really good

D

dootime3

Feb 10, 2013
Leaving Sunday. Togwotee or snowies. Anybody have updates.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Premium Features