• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2015/16 Snowy Range snow conditions

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
E

et3046

Dec 24, 2012
Lake Preston, SD
Any updates? Getting pretty tracked up? Looking to come out over presidents day weekend. Trying to decide between here or steamboat area. Looks like its going to be hot so not expecting anything great. Thanks!

Last edited:

kevpak24

Lifetime Membership
Jan 28, 2011
MN
Likewise, looking for updates, just cancelled our Big Horns trip. Been going there for the last 6 years. Gonna try the snowies instead for the first time. Staying at Albany Lodge. Looks warm but sounds like a better base then the horns. Any info would be much appreciated!

snowho96

Lifetime Membership
Dec 29, 2009
ia
Rode the range wednsday thru Saturday mostly rode meadows because it was pretty windy. Found lots of untracked powder if you go off the beaten path. There is a very good base with quite a few spots of 5 plus feet of snow. You should be good for the trip

tmk50

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2001
Brighton, Colorado
Spring conditions yesterday but we did find some untouched decent snow in the trees where the sun did not do any damage. It started snowing when we were eating breakfast this morning and has been going ever since. Not a lot of accumulation yet - but better then yesterday for sure.

If the top end of the forecast comes through there will be 10" by Monday night. The flakes will have to get a lot bigger for that, so I am hoping for 6". 26 degrees outside right now, so hopefully this storm can get going.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455475145.258502.jpg

Bocephus

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2010
Friday was the last decent day. It was 50 degrees on Friday. Riding was average, snow was soft due to warm temps. Saturday it was complete garbage. Snow was crusty even in the trees we rode in. Oh, and it's been blowing 30+mph constantly. Today we rode for a while. It's snowing sugar (not nice flakes) . Visibility was poor. We loaded up and headed out before visibility got terrible. With how windy it is...... I didn't feel like camping in the mountains

rmkfire

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Oconomowoc, WI
What are your thoughts for this weekend, next week for making a 1,000 mile trip to the Snowies. It will be our first time to the Snowies. Should we hold out and hope for a March storm?

Heisenberg

Lifetime Membership
Jan 29, 2012
Northern MN
We are in the Snowies right now and we are heading home early, not worth riding here right now. Plenty of base, but it was 50 degrees on Friday and everything is rock hard. No for sure now in the forecast right now.

The flying vee

Lifetime Membership
Mar 25, 2008
Kewaskum WI
We canceled our trip for next week and are hoping for a big storm in March. Pretty flexible on vacation time. We'll just stay packed to leave at a moments notice. :face-icon-small-hap

Last edited:

Yaeger34

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2015
St cloud mn
It wasn't the greatest riding as if there was 2ft of fresh but we had a blast through sunday. We found excellent snow untracked in the trees left and right. We found good pow in ravines and awesome riding. If you think it was garbage and sucked you need to try a lot harder and explore. Sunday was so windy we couldn't see 2ft in front of us. Found a couple tree sections not in the wind right off the trail fresh and untracked. Oddly one of the best trips I had

Bocephus

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2010
What are your thoughts for this weekend, next week for making a 1,000 mile trip to the Snowies. It will be our first time to the Snowies. Should we hold out and hope for a March storm?

let me put it this way....... if conditions stay as they are, i wouldnt drive 30 miles from laramie to ride......much less 1000 miles.

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
What was all that 1 in 1 million talk about?

b13bec6fdcf143fbda79f85ff69a3ece.jpg

coyoteman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
carson iowa
I drove up sunday and turned around and went home without unloading. Glad I was out there for business not just wasting fuel.

Premium Features