• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

light weight can.

which can would you buy?

• 2.5 lb can noisy

Votes: 31 13.7%
  • 3.5 lb can like stock

Votes: 196 86.3%

• Total voters
B
Dec 21, 2013
Kevin, thanks for posting up those sound comparisson clips - gives a bit of a feel on the snow vs the sound clips echoing against the snow or a cement floor when the sleds are not moving...
And thanks to Scott for making a quiet and light can!!!
I ordered his regular can because it isnt all that loud either from the Dynotech testing. it was a bit quieter than the SLP at WOT, and a bit louder at lower rpms - I can live with that. I have had SLP cans on the last few sleds and the sound was never too loud or annoying for anyone...

B

bradburck

Jan 13, 2008
Colorado
What's that on your hood? Fancy air intake?

X2... Look like a good idea for sure. I've got a small hole in my BDX on one of the front frogskinz already.

What's the final weight on the quiet version? Thanks Kevin, definitely giving that a look for next year.

B
Feb 12, 2010
Kevin, thanks for posting up those sound comparisson clips - gives a bit of a feel on the snow vs the sound clips echoing against the snow or a cement floor when the sleds are not moving...
And thanks to Scott for making a quiet and light can!!!
I ordered his regular can because it isnt all that loud either from the Dynotech testing. it was a bit quieter than the SLP at WOT, and a bit louder at lower rpms - I can live with that. I have had SLP cans on the last few sleds and the sound was never too loud or annoying for anyone...

Listen to my video clip above.... I think the dynotech decibel reading must have been flawed. The can is much louder than an slp at both idle and wot.

mmsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Preston, Idaho
hubsperformance.com
Diamond S Q can 3.5 lb

X2... Look like a good idea for sure. I've got a small hole in my BDX on one of the front frogskinz already.

What's the final weight on the quiet version? Thanks Kevin, definitely giving that a look for next year.

The can is as quiet as stock. I have a new bikeman to test is heavy like 10lb but quiet. For the guys that don't want to drop 500 on a can.

S

suitcase

Nov 9, 2008
In the great part of OR.
1525190_10203681981439589_985586608_n.jpg

Thanks kevin.. this can works very well on the Cat.. worth every penny...

I

Insaneboltrounder/sjohns

Nov 26, 2007
Man after seeing all my buddies with the sled shed can with built in muff pot I'm really leaning towards that. If they can run on the super fussy etec they must have proper back pressure. Not much beats a hot lunch on a frozen day.

E
Oct 21, 2008
flat lander MN
what is the story on internals on the diamond S all packing or solid baffles?
5hondo and change is ok if it will last but most cans I have owned start getting loud in just a yr after packing gets worn and oil soaked.

A
Jan 16, 2008
Pretty sure they are solid baffles, no packing. I think it says this on there website. good selling point. and its titanium.

Titanium 375

Premium Member
Nov 28, 2007
Ephraim, Utah
www.diamond-smfg.com
Our Titanium silencers are fully baffled There is no packing to burn out, they will not get louder over time

DSCN5387.jpg

*Ensure delivery of your can by winter! Preseason your Silencer now. Orders will be on a first come first serve basis. Shipping will begin mid August and shipped in the order they were placed.

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
i bit the bullet and ordered the quiet can last week. spendy, but i dunno if it means im gettin old or what but im just not into the loud noises anymore so figured this should do the trick. guess now its a race to see what i get first, the can or get my sled back from the dealer where its been all summer waiting on backordered parts.

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
I'm happy with the fit and finish on this quiet ti can. The outlet plate is curved to the belly pan and can be riveted on, where as the Ti lite can I have on my '14 just has a flat plate on the bottom where I had to cake it in high temp silicone to create a good seal.

C
i received my qiet diamon s and was looking at it saying ...ouff this is going to bark and it going to be one more thing on the shelf . so i did put it on the sled in the shed and wow it really sound quiet .it going to be rivet down the belley pan for ever . you guys really did a nice can

Premium Features