• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Cat 153 rear bumper on a pro

S

snobyrd

Nov 27, 2007
northeast bc
I've heard some rumors that a cat 153 rear bumper will fit a pro, has anybody tried this with any success? I did a search on here and I couldn't come up with anything.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Yup, use a 162 bumper on a 155. I used one on my 11 pro, I cut that one down by about 2". Put one on my 13 and didn't bother cutting it, hopefully its not to long that I will have issues if I wheelie? Heres pics-
cat bumper frm top.jpg
sled done.jpg

P

prosledder

Nov 26, 2007
Boone, Iowa
Bumper

I used a Cat bumper from BDX (black diamond extreme)...I just called them and told them how wide and long it needed it to be. I can't remember the specific year of Cat though. With the bumper I used you have to cut the curl of the tunnel off to slide the bumper on then it rivets from the inside of the tunnel.

Assault2.jpg Assault7.jpg

S

snobyrd

Nov 27, 2007
northeast bc
Can't pull a skimmer with the stock one, and the alternative pol one is steel I was told, the cat one is super light and super strong..

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
How do you like your ski's ? I'm just about to pull the trigger on some Slydogs.
Have not tried them on the pro, but I had them on my XP, and really liked them. Worked good in every condition and really shined in deep pow. I have one small complaint, wish the grommet was a little thicker or something, the skis have more play up and down then most, which in all reality probably doesn't effect performance. Be sure to get the 8". Was not a fan of the 7".

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Does anyone think having my bumper out that far will increase the chances of bending my tunnel on a wheelie? I concerns me, but I don't know if it should.

Ski-Dont89

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2010
WYOMING
Does anyone think having my bumper out that far will increase the chances of bending my tunnel on a wheelie? I concerns me, but I don't know if it should.

thats the first thing that crossed my mind when i saw it. but who knows...

B

Burn Down

Dec 22, 2008
Boise Idaho
R the stock Pro bumpers super weak or something?

I broke my buddies bumper both times I rode it... Busted the aluminum bracket once and the carbon tube and bracket the next time. Lol the damn thing wheelies way better than my Cat. I think he went with a Skinz bumper?

S

snobyrd

Nov 27, 2007
northeast bc
Tks to everybody for chiming in on this:yo:, the bumper fit perfectly, as if it was made for the pro, than I bought the cat hitch that fits down over the bumper.
Tks again

Premium Features