• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Turbo Pro Rebuild Pistons

J

jhillam

May 2, 2010
What is best Polaris OEM piston for Turbo Pro 800 rebuild? There are multiple part numbers out there.

patoki

Premium Member
Nov 7, 2012
Definitely use new axis pistons, I stuck them in my 12 pro turbo last year with great results. Just make sure your cylinders and ring end gap are in spec.

patoki

Premium Member
Nov 7, 2012
Definitely use new axys pistons, I stuck them in my 12 pro turbo last year with great results. Just make sure your cylinders and ring end gap are in spec.

M
Feb 21, 2016
Bend, Oregon
What makes the axys piston better then the 14-15 pro or any aftermarket offerings? Just the oil grooves?

Does anyone make aftermarket axys piston with the oil grooves like oem does?

Last edited:

ripnit

Lifetime Membership
Mar 9, 2009
Chilly Id/Iowa Falls Ia
MrIQR;4021068 Does anyone make aftermarket axys piston with the oil grooves like oem does?[/QUOTE said:
Pro X does but I would not recommend them...Buddy of mine put them in his NA sled and the top of the piston broke by the exhaust port. JTLYK

M
Feb 21, 2016
Bend, Oregon
Has anyone ran the RKTek replacement pistons? They make some pretty big claims on their website. The price is about 70 bucks cheaper than the Axys pistons, but the cheesy webpage makes me think its all smoke in mirrors.

http://www.2strokeheads.com/Polarispistons.htm

Put them in my 11', not the kit, just the Pistons, put 900 miles on it and sold it. No complaints from me but you can search and read for days about them.

Phat Cat

Lifetime Membership
Dec 19, 2007
Lacombe, Ab
I have the RK Tek direct replacement pistons in both of my 2013 Pro RMK sleds. Ran one sled (no boost) last year and had no problems. Just put another set in my 2nd sled just to replace the weak stock pistons. If you look at the thickness of the RK Tek piston skirts and compare them to off the shelf wossners or stock polaris pistons you will see the difference. RK Tek piston skirts are beefy and IMO wont collapse as fast and start rocking.

I just put a MTNTK turbo kit on the first sled. I will see how the RK Tek pistons hold out with boost.

Last edited:
M
Feb 21, 2016
Bend, Oregon
There's no other kit/pistons to install into a Polaris CFI-800.

MTNTK. Period

You do a great job promoting their kit. There is others offering weiscos and spacer, how is there's any better?

In all honestly, I'm not considering a kit of any kind. If mine was a 11-12 I would and since it's made it this far with stock Pistons and 10lbs, there is nothing wrong with oem. Just looking to see if there are other options before buying oem.

Premium Features