• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

After market rear bumper

sledhead_79

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2009
Wyoming
Does anyone make a rear bumper that goes to rear mount of the running boards other than the Van Amburg Short bumper? The skinz and polaris extreme bumper is a little short to fix a mishap I had this last weekend involving a tunnel and stock rear bumper :face-icon-small-dis

xj1978

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Wisconsin
You may wanna look at the Polaris axys aftermarket bumper or Itek.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Bob

Premium Member
Mar 1, 2008
MN
B&M doesn't make a Pro-Ride bumper that goes up to the running boards yet. I know they make one for the Axys now, and word is that one will be made for the Pro when they get caught up with other projects.

I was really looking at the Mountain Armour for awhile, but as I am a B&M loyalist I will use stock for a bit longer. The Polaris ultimate rear bumper goes up closer to the running board mounts, but not full support like VEI.

himarker

Premium Member
Dec 11, 2002
Prescott, Washington
VEI is what I've got. I put it on before I even rode my 13, no use in having that worthless carbon piece and no support in the year of the stock tunnel when you have to tow somebody out. It supports up to in front of the rear board mount, very solid piece, well build. As is on par with VEI quality.

J
Jan 22, 2016
BetterBoards

Better Boards makes a rivet on one that's pretty stiff. I installed the brace one the other week which was simple and fits really well.

My buddy dinged his tunnel up while the sled was backwards in his V-nose trailer... hard stop. We're putting the brace that incorporates the bumper on his later this week to straighten and stiffen his tunnel.

Tunnel_Stiff_1.jpg Tunnel_Stiff_2.jpg BB_Bumper.png

Last edited:

gtwitch

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2011
Laramie, Wyoming
Mountain Armor made in Wyo !! Have them on 3 pro 800s in the family, really like them, however if you need to pull with them to get out of a bind, you will need a web strap to go around the bumper to hook the bungee to. We just went to a climbing shop and had them sew a 1" web strap about 12 to 15 " long into a loop and it will go thru itself around the bumper and then a good caribiener (or not) to the bungee.

gtwitch in wyoming

Premium Features