• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ULTIMATE PRO-PEX!

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
Was out messing with this thing in the shop the other day.one word for it. STOUT. the Pro front clip was a really nice upgrade. having a 3 peice chassis vs a 1 solid piece welded unit sure makes it nice if you smack something in the front!

Can it snow yet so we can go boost this sled?!?! BWUUUAAAAAP!!!

Nick,
There will be snow on the mountain in the morning. Anyone for an August ride?

J

jskattum606

Dec 3, 2007
Bozeman, MT
awesome build. can you post pics of how you attached the tubes to the pro bulkhead? I currently have a nytro with a Pro bulkhead wrapped in the pro plastics.

also what is the tubing wall/thickness?

What steps did you take to ensure that the belt center to center and alignment is correct? Mount motor then locate the jackshaft and then finally locate the driveshaft?

Tube is a mix of .035 .049 and one size thicker that I can't remember off hand.
Yes the first thing I always focus on is getting the motor square and off set enough so when the secondary opens it doesn't hit the frame. Then decide on the center to center or belt you want to run. I like the yamaha 8dn belt .
Then I square up my jack shaft with the motor and the driveshaft follows.

I'll get some pictures of how it all fits together when I reassemble for you

K

Kennyspec

Feb 6, 2010
Tube is a mix of .035 .049 and one size thicker that I can't remember off hand.
Yes the first thing I always focus on is getting the motor square and off set enough so when the secondary opens it doesn't hit the frame. Then decide on the center to center or belt you want to run. I like the yamaha 8dn belt .
Then I square up my jack shaft with the motor and the driveshaft follows.

I'll get some pictures of how it all fits together when I reassemble for you

the tube is mainly 1"? who is your tube supplier? it is hard to find 4130 in Canada. the yammy 8dn seems to be a awesome belt. lots of turbo guys are still using that belt. thanks for the info. after seeing your build I am thinking of going the same route, except using the nytro engine. Keep the pics coming!! this thread is awesome!!!!!

J

jskattum606

Dec 3, 2007
Bozeman, MT
Thanks!
Tubing is 5/8, 3/4, 7/8, and 1"
Over structure is mostly 1"
Tunnel is mix of 5/8 and 3/4
Motor mounts are bigger stuff along with all of the stuff under the hood

Chassisshop.com

J

jskattum606

Dec 3, 2007
Bozeman, MT
Sled should be done with coating tomorrow.:face-icon-small-hap

On a side note, was in Pacific steel in Bozeman yesterday and the guy said we could bring out sleds in and weight them on their very accurate scrap scales. That solves that problem!

S

Sabaton

May 23, 2013
Now i payed 15$ just so i can read this thread so you better get that bad boy out on the snow this winter or else i want my money back! :eyebrows:

J

jskattum606

Dec 3, 2007
Bozeman, MT
no worries, Im on my way!
Got the chassis back form the coater. Turned out awesome!
Color is a matalic Green called Lolliepop Lime:face-icon-small-hap
looks way cooler in person but here is a sneek peek

J

jskattum606

Dec 3, 2007
Bozeman, MT
Well FINALLY got my polaris glue in and the headder surfaced. So the progress continues:face-icon-small-hap

And the carbon insert installed

C

CDK

Sep 5, 2011
Looking good! Pumped to see the final assembled product.

Premium Features