• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sled missing/no codes?

rags319

Lifetime Membership
Dec 14, 2009
Cedar Rapids, Ia
I have a 2011 pro 800. Sled started cutting out last two rides last spring. Last ride was getting worse and at all rpm. Didn't see any codes or warning lights. Would it be worth bring to dealer. Can they see anything if they scan it although I didn't see anything on dash . My dealer didn't think so but I don't know if he knows for sure. I checked things over. Replaced plug wires. Got injectors cleaned by Indy specialties. Has newer fuel filter. Used gas from same place last 4 rides. Don't think its that. Really don't want to go out and not have it fixed. Any ideas. Thanks

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
1. Yes, the ECU does record codes that don't flash on the display.

2. Beyond the good basics you listed, have codes checked, confirm TPS settings if you haven't already, otherwise it's more ghost busting. Otherwise, other ideas besides fuel pump, which is good advice, coils, exhaust probe, stator, VR, ground, etc.

S
Mar 29, 2016
Auburn CA.
if your close to 500 miles on the sled your supposed to replace the fuel filter. had same exact problem on a demo sled. definitely worth checking codes first tho, as the filter is like $100 if I remember correctly.

Premium Features