• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New for 24’ g5 turbo issues

Turbo Thompson

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2021
On top of the mountain
My buddy and I got what felt like our first real ride today both on 24 expert turbos. Temp light was going off although the bars showed it was around perfect temp. The bigger issue is the boost pressure sensor causing a check engine light. Between our two sleds we had 107 instances of the code going off on a 35 miles ride. Didn’t affect performance at all so our dealer ordered us some new sensors and told us to keep the tips up. Off to a better mechanical start than the 23’s so far.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
My buddy and I got what felt like our first real ride today both on 24 expert turbos. Temp light was going off although the bars showed it was around perfect temp. The bigger issue is the boost pressure sensor causing a check engine light. Between our two sleds we had 107 instances of the code going off on a 35 miles ride. Didn’t affect performance at all so our dealer ordered us some new sensors and told us to keep the tips up. Off to a better mechanical start than the 23’s so far.
Hopefully its JUST A FLUKE and all is well.

F
Nov 18, 2011
North west territory
It would be awful strange for both sleds to have a faulty sensor? Maybe it’s more of a programming issue? , sometimes a temp code is related to knock also any chance you guys got some marginal fuel did you guys fill up at same place by chance. Hopefully it’s just a sensor. It’s frustrating to have a new sled with issues I remember this from last year when I rode 1/2 mile and my check engine was on . Keep us up to date

Turbo Thompson

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2021
On top of the mountain
It would be awful strange for both sleds to have a faulty sensor? Maybe it’s more of a programming issue? , sometimes a temp code is related to knock also any chance you guys got some marginal fuel did you guys fill up at same place by chance. Hopefully it’s just a sensor. It’s frustrating to have a new sled with issues I remember this from last year when I rode 1/2 mile and my check engine was on . Keep us up to date
We’ve been filling from the same station for 15 years 91 non eth. I also figured it was programming because of the problems most of us had last year. I had an “exhaust gas” sensor go off twice as well but the dealer didn’t think that was an issue either.

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
my ‘23 turbo had the check engine light come on a few times during break in last year but no change in performance. didn’t happen after break in and the sled has run perfectly since day 1.
happened to a few people.

Premium Features