• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

NEW PRODUCT ANNOUNCEMENT: PRO RMK Steering post bushing option

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
This is my solution to the problems with the steering post bushing assemblies.

These like the other offerings eliminate the radial slop and total failure common in the stock bushings.

The major difference in this design is the poly bushing and slotted mounting holes. The slotted mounting holes eliminate the linear play (up and down) in the post as well.

This is an application specific modification to the bushing assembly I have utilized in the rider select delete kits I have been making since 2007 so this is a long proven and tested design.

These include new SS socket head cap screws

They are available by contacting me directly or Next Level Power Sports

See my post in the parts section for pricing

http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=355018

Thanks for looking

steering bushings 011.JPG steering bushings 013.JPG steering bushings 008.JPG steering bushings 006.JPG steering bushings 005.JPG steering bushings 003.JPG

Last edited:

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
Bushing material is type 1 chemical resistant PVC same as the rider select delete kits you will be familiar with . I did put wheel bearing grease in the bore on mine but lubrication should not be required. Since Ive never had a request for a replacement bushing on my older kits I can only surmise that they last a long time.

I chose this material for its combination of mechanical properties, chemical and UV resistance.

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
I did forget to mention in my original post that these do include SS socket head cap screws.

LPIdaho

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
IF,ID
So are you running set screws in those smaller top holes to hold the bolt vertically in the slot?

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
These pictures are the prototype set I have on my own sled but that was precisley my thought . I intended to use set screws in order to maintain the linear adjustment but having installed a couple sets I determined that they will not be nesessary and they are not present in the production model.

rp2000r

Lifetime Membership
Sep 28, 2011
Bothell, WA
Just got my set in, Ordered 3 and received them promptly.
Install was a breeze and it's a very nice fit/finish and the best part is how great the steering feels!

One of the best mod's my 14 has seen!

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
First I would like to thank all of you who Purchased these throughout the season. This is how I fund my addiction so without all of you It just wouldn't be possible.

I will be in the process of moving our 2 machine shops into 1 much larger facility so as the season comes closer to its end and I embark on that enormous project I will not have much time to dedicate to making parts for a couple months. So If you have been considering a set now is the time! I will run one more batch next week and then I must focus my efforts on the move etc. and once again thank you all very kindly and sincerely !

06redrevx

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2008
Great looking pieces!
My stock 14 had considerable slop after about 500 miles
Is there any reason these would not fit the 15s?

fastboy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 26, 2008
Ran these on my 2012 SBA and an awesome product . I will be moving these over to my 2015 RMK assault...

Awesome product

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
Just wanted to update this thread for the new season. And thanks again to all of you that have purchased these already

I have plenty of these in stock and are still making more.

You can also purchase these from Happy face products or next level power sports

http://happyfacepp.com

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
I ordered a set from Polzin and received them promptly and the quality of the replacements are outstanding-
If anyone is on the fence in needing this or not- pull a stock one out and look at the 1/8" of wear that Polaris gives before the stockers start to wobble/
Great product- easy to deal with and shipping is fast! couldn't be happer with this purchase.

S/C

Last edited:

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I ordered a set from Polzim and received them promptly and the quality of the replacements are outstanding-
If anyone is on the fence in needing this or not- pull a stock one out and look at the 1/8" of wear that Polaris gives before the stockers start to wobble/
Great product- easy to deal with and shipping is fast! couldn't be happer with this purchase.

S/C

^^^^^^^

Me too.
Excellent product.
Couldn't be happier.

black z

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2014
MN
We we need to order 3 of these to replace all of the bushings?

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
We we need to order 3 of these to replace all of the bushings?

I would be happy to sell you all three But the two in the upper steering shaft are really the problem the lower of those two is prone to breaking if you hit something in a turn and the combination of two bushings removes the radial and vertical play in the shaft /bars . I recommend moving the aluminum backer plate from the lower bushing on the upper shaft to the bushing assembly on the lower shaft for insurance. That one is rarely a problem that I am aware of.

Premium Features