• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

In-tank fuel pressure regulator delete

A.ekstrom

Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2010
Scandinavia
Installing an external fuel pressure regulator (Turbo use) and i need to remove or deactivate the OEM regulator. Whats the best way of doing this? I've seen somewhere an aluminium plug installed in the fuel pump assembly. Anyone knows where i can get this?

Many thanx

Edit: Sled is a -14 M8000

Last edited:

Polarisrocks

Lifetime Membership
Sep 22, 2002
Eastern Wa
Pull the pump apart and weld the half hole underneath the regulator and it will work great. Just make sure the metal is free of oils and it makes the aluminum spit and splatter. Make sure the pump passage is free of splatter and the weld isn't blocking it. We've done several this way.

S

Snopro_69

Mar 25, 2008
Saskatchewan
CPC kits for M an proclimbs come with aluminum plug they build. Could call Dale and see if you can get just that plug. Then just use the proclimb stage II instructions to install.

A.ekstrom

Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2010
Scandinavia
Pull the pump apart and weld the half hole underneath the regulator and it will work great. Just make sure the metal is free of oils and it makes the aluminum spit and splatter. Make sure the pump passage is free of splatter and the weld isn't blocking it. We've done several this way.

Thanks for the advice! Tho i would like to keep the OEM fuel press reg in one piece in case i'll go stock some day. When i look in the parts fiche it's not listed as a separate item, only in the "Pump installation" @ 500+ US.
Nevertheless, if it comes to that i will weld that sucker up!

A.ekstrom

Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2010
Scandinavia
CPC kits for M an proclimbs come with aluminum plug they build. Could call Dale and see if you can get just that plug. Then just use the proclimb stage II instructions to install.

Actually i saw that in their stage 2 installation manual the other day, i tried sending an Email to CPC and asked about that. No respond so far. Might give them a call next week if i don't hear anything. Prefer using email since i'm on the other side of the world :p

Turbobyz have one for the doo and poo but nothing for the cat. On their site anyway.

Might try to find someone local that can build me one.

Premium Features