• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Burandt TV

C
Jan 14, 2012
I would only buy Burandt TV if I could get a Burandt branded snuggie-popcorn-bottle water to have while I watched.

Till then I will just ride my snowmobile they way I know how

J

jbunce

Dec 12, 2010
squamish BC
Id say its not a bad direction but it would be nice if he banded together with 509, slednecks and the other film companies and put the 509 movies and schooled movies up to watch also since there are only 3-4 that have their films up for digital download I have tried to order the schooled films threw the dealer to avoid paying duty and shipping and 6 months later told them not to bother something to do with their distributor not having any or them just not wanting to order them. Anyways that would be worth the $7.99-$25 in my opinion.

J

jbunce

Dec 12, 2010
squamish BC
So was bored at work and needing something to watch to make the night go by so I signed up for the $25 option. All I can say is that im glad I did not PrePay for the $299 it needs some major revamping I will be canceling it for sure. If you're in it for the riding tips buy the schooled movies, if you're in it for the product reviews pretty well every web site has them on there over all id rather watch a thunderstruck movie which isnt saying much since its taking 3 months for me to get threw a 2 hour film about sledding.

J
Jul 10, 2010
Alaska
Let the market decide. Chris is just exploring business options and going a little different direction than the rest of the crowd. No one is being forced to purchase anything, but having a new option is nice. Ultimately the price will be dictated by the market and I hope that Chris succeeds and we all benefit from it. I think DVD's at some point will be like 8 track tapes and who knows this might be the next great thing.

snowswat

Premium Member
Mar 4, 2008
Brighton, CO
I don't understand why people want to be negative about someone that has done a lot for the sport, and been able to make a living from it. If you, or someone you know, is an accomplished rider and wants to do the same, then do it. Put up or shut up. Building a business that supports your family and others is no small task, especially when it involves a sport like ours.

Chris Burandt is a genuine guy that supports local clubs by attending their meetings and events. He speaks to people without being an arrogant a$$ even though he is one of the top athletes in our sport. Some people here could learn a thing, or two, about that.

I too am tired of the same old sled videos of simply getting air or climbing hills. I am also glad manufacturers are building better products that help to evolve our sport. Many of these changes are attributable to Chris and the population he represents.

Chris continues to pioneer the sport and build his business with Burandt TV. It is tough to go where no one has gone before -- too bad people can’t respect that. Maybe his marketing plan will work, and maybe it won’t. Maybe it is right for you, and maybe it isn’t.

Maybe people are just disgruntled that he is making the most fresh tracks in the sport while others are left only to poach.

Last edited:

s1d3w1nd3r1480

Premium Member
Sep 6, 2013
Mid-Michigan
My question is can you cancel after signing up for the 25/ month option?

The way I read it the plans are a $7.99/month monthly standard subscription paid month by month, $300 annual pro subscription paid once, or a $300 annual pro subscription paid with 12 monthly payments of $25. I would be interested in paying $25 for a month to see all the tips and make a better decision but I don't want to sign up and then be stuck paying of the $300 for 12 months when I don't want to, and this is how I am understanding it reading the options.

Has anyone actually cancelled theirs after a month?

J

jbunce

Dec 12, 2010
squamish BC
I'm not saying it's not a bad thing. I'm just say that at this point in time where the amount of footage is minimal there should be early bird pricing. $25 a month to watch 90% of the content in an hour is a bit much. It's a good direction but it just feels like it's released to early and at full price.

Premium Features