• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2011 injectors in 2014 motor?

C
Nov 19, 2012
Minnesota
I own a 2011 switchback assault 800 and the engine cooked on me. I am looking at purchasing a 2014 engine with the bikeman 860 big bore set up installed. Question I am looking for an answer to is if I can stick with my current electronics or if I will need to upgrade everything? From my research it seems to largely boil down to if the 2011 injectors will go into the 2014 fuel rail and if they will, will i need to make mapping changes from how bikeman has the power commander set up? Any other thoughts on the set up are appreciated as well. Thanks!

Murph

Polaris Moderator/ Polaris Ambassador/ Klim Amb.
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
2011 injectors are physically larger and have four holes and can be installed BUT will stick out a little further.

2012-15 injectors are all Bosch and are 8 hole injectors.

You can install a 2012 ECU, matched to 2012 Bosch injectors. They will fit in the cylinder better and offer more precise fueling. I did this on one my Indy Specialties TMX motors in a 2011 Pro. Make sure you use the Bosch orings on 2012 injectors they are different from the 2011 injector. Not sure if you can plug in a 2014 ECU and injectors into a 2011 harness-- there were changes to the 2013 electronics that might keep that from working. The 2012 components plug right into 2011 harness and at this point are pretty cheap.

Premium Features