• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

top end rebuild 2012 pro 800

M
Oct 9, 2016
Hi, I have a 2012 pro rmk 800 163, I have 2500 miles on the engine and looking to do a top end rebuild but not sure what the best brand to go with for the kit, I've seen a lot on spi and wiesco, does anybody have any thoughts or preferences on which one I should do? Any help is appreciated, thanks

20160901_163416.jpg

gtwitch

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2011
Laramie, Wyoming
I did the SNOW-X kit on my 11 PRO 800, 1 season ago (spring 15) and rode without issues last season. Their kit was similar to new SPI kit now with Cast/Coated pistons. I have a 10 Dragon 800 with Wisco and that also has been no issues but I think you have to be a little more vigilent to the warm-up procedures with the forged pistons, in my case, I do this without fail on any sled motor!!
gtwitch in wyoming

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
Indy Specialties has various levels of kits available. You can purchase something simple that has a 1 year warranty all the way up to a TMLR3 that has a 5 year warranty, I believe. All of which include best cylinder finish in the business. Can't go wrong!

Feb 15, 2008
Indy Specialties has various levels of kits available. You can purchase something simple that has a 1 year warranty all the way up to a TMLR3 that has a 5 year warranty, I believe. All of which include best cylinder finish in the business. Can't go wrong!

+1 for Indy Dan. A bit more expensive than others but ordering a reinforced cylinder and probably sized pistons from him is the way to go. I'm rebuilding my '12 pro with one of his kits.

I ran the rkteck fix it kit wossners in my '12 pro last season until it cold seized on a warm spring ride.

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
Wiseco SK1396 kit here. Installed last season and ran perfect. No more vibration, perfect compression. All of the gaskets and o-rings are included AND it only costs a bit over $200. No brainer to me...

Premium Features