• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

headlight covers

M
Feb 11, 2008
SE Minnesota
Anyone have any opinions on a headlight cover for a 13 Assault? I saw Dennis Kirk has the Holeshot brand and I was curious if anyone had any luck with them? I don't want the headlight delete kit, looking for something that lets some light through. If there's a thread already out there I obviously haven't found it yet! Thanks!

S
Dec 9, 2009
Make sure it is legal first of all. This is MN law:
Lights
• Headlights and taillights must be on during hours of darkness.
• Headlights must be able to reveal people and vehicles 100 feet ahead and
aimed so they will not blind an oncoming snowmobiler.
• Colored lenses on headlights are NOT lawful when the snowmobile is operated
on roads or road rights-of-way, including crossing roads and operating in
ditches or outside slopes

This was a big issue about 15 years ago so I believe colored lenses are unlawful in most midwestern states. Sorry, but I am not a big fan of seeing a colored light and wondering what it is, especially a red one that is confused as being a tail light.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Arcticfx has some. Just about any color and they let line shine through pretty well

X2 on ArcticFX.

Got a set of white ones. They look pretty cool and when the sled is running you can hardly tell there is something on the headlight lens.

brandriet

Premium Member
Jul 19, 2011
South Dakota
Ran all last season with holeshot cover. Looks awesome and Velcro was good quality. never had a problem just rip off and put in bag at sunset. :face-icon-small-hap

Also take a look at their winshield bag.. I love mine.

20140808_134056.jpg

Premium Features