• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Bachelor Conditions/Riding Partners next week

C

cowboy181d

Nov 1, 2008
Burns oregon
yeah McCall does but it sucks from what I was told....well looks like bach this weekend guess I had better go make hotel reservations...

C

cowboy181d

Nov 1, 2008
Burns oregon
thanks guys! I am leaving Friday morning for bachelor.Glad it started up over there as I am going to have a new rider on an untested sled with me(I trust the sled as I built it over summer and have done as much yard testing as I can.....But where are the areas to go on bachelor? I personally have not been there and would love some pointers as to where is ok to ride and how well marked is the wilderness zones???

Any help would be awesome thanks guys

damen

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
trail maps at wanoga shelter.about half way to bach on the left

Last edited:

stonecold

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
oregon
wanoga sno park

If you are bringing up a newbie I would suggest wanoga sno-park and let them play out on the big flat by the parking lot. going to be some serious wind and warming weather on saturday. storm is coming in hot and should be more fresh by sunday morning as the freezing level drops. lots of parking and will probably be none at dutchman... :face-icon-small-coo

W

waxer

Nov 2, 2012
If you are bringing up a newbie I would suggest wanoga sno-park and let them play out on the big flat by the parking lot. going to be some serious wind and warming weather on saturday. storm is coming in hot and should be more fresh by sunday morning as the freezing level drops. lots of parking and will probably be none at dutchman... :face-icon-small-coo

^^^^^^^^^^good advise^^^^^^^^^^^, if you don't know the area Sat could be like a blizzard.

A

ASRVM

Nov 27, 2007
Bend, Oregon
Now that we are getting snow lets keep the thread on top. Please post snow and weather conditions after you ride.
Stone Cold and I are available Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays. We have both been riding this area for over 20 years and know the area well. Always like to park at Wanoga to avoid all the Dutchman parking BS. There is lots of great riding on the Wanoga side of the highway now that we are getting snow. Banging all day on Moon Mtn all day long is not my idea of a good time.

Cheers

stonecold

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
oregon
Ready to ride

Did you get the beast out of the shop yet?:face-icon-small-coo

Last edited:
A

ASRVM

Nov 27, 2007
Bend, Oregon
:face-icon-small-tonReady to roll. Added some venting, changed gearing, and trying a new spring in the Team Tied driven.
Going Sunday with the family and Monday boys ride.
Leaving Tuesday for McCall for a few days.

n2otoofast4u

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2010
Need LOTS of snow. This weekend appears it will be a good start but need much more before its going to be good!

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
Always like to park at Wanoga to avoid all the Dutchman parking BS. There is lots of great riding on the Wanoga side of the highway now that we are getting snow. Banging all day on Moon Mtn all day long is not my idea of a good time.

Cheers

i agree.there is miles of extreme boondocking areas around wanoga.but for me sitting on top of kwohl,tum and moon never gets old either.:)

stonecold

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
oregon
Now that we are getting snow lets keep the thread on top. Please post snow and weather conditions after you ride.
Stone Cold and I are available Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays. We have both been riding this area for over 20 years and know the area well. Always like to park at Wanoga to avoid all the Dutchman parking BS. There is lots of great riding on the Wanoga side of the highway now that we are getting snow. Banging all day on Moon Mtn all day long is not my idea of a good time.

Cheers

Personally, I like to bang it hard once and then move on...:face-icon-small-ton

Premium Features