• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2016/17 Big Horns N/S Snow conditions

boondocker10

Premium Member
Jan 3, 2008
hastings,mn
Where is the best place to stay in the big horns

We have 4 in a group thinking of going to the big horns the last weekend in January.. we have riddin out west for years but have never been to the bighorns wondering where is the best place to stay. Thanks in advance

FlatLander909

Premium Member
Sep 20, 2008
sanborn, ia
We have 4 in a group thinking of going to the big horns the last weekend in January.. we have riddin out west for years but have never been to the bighorns wondering where is the best place to stay. Thanks in advance

There are 4 lodges on top of the hill. Bear lodge, which is kind of like the "main spot" if you will. Elk view, which is the nicest of the three in my opinion and Arrowhead lodge. These three are all owned by the same owner. On the west side of the mountain there is Wyoming High Country Lodge which is a ride in only. If I were you id look into staying at Bear or Elkview. Ride right from your room. no trailering

Ski-Dont89

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2010
WYOMING
There are 4 lodges on top of the hill. Bear lodge, which is kind of like the "main spot" if you will. Elk view, which is the nicest of the three in my opinion and Arrowhead lodge. These three are all owned by the same owner. On the west side of the mountain there is Wyoming High Country Lodge which is a ride in only. If I were you id look into staying at Bear or Elkview. Ride right from your room. no trailering

This is all true except that arrowhead lodge is now under new ownership.

snowho96

Lifetime Membership
Dec 29, 2009
ia
Jared and petie severson per the arrowhead lodge website. Don't know if it's the same petie that ran the bar at Bear lodge?

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
ranchester, wy - nashua, mn
I was up the north side Saturday and found a lot of good snow. however I also found bad sugar snow spots. that last foot they got just barely covered old tracks so carving could be a little rough in spots. im sure if you have been up there in the past you could find fresh snow if you hunt for it.

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
whats it looking like for this weekend? No snow in Iowa and havent rode since before christmas! Looking at riding friday and saturday...

Don't mean to be a rude. But the last post was 7 hrs ago with a good bit of info on the area presently. The state of Wyoming doesn't give the residents some special forecast for the residents. If we want to see what a storm is doing or what the weather will be for the coming weekend. We look at the forecasts for the areas we want to ride. This info is available to anyone, anywhere, anytime. I would think think that out of Staters would know these links very well during the winter.

FlatLander909

Premium Member
Sep 20, 2008
sanborn, ia
Don't mean to be a rude. But the last post was 7 hrs ago with a good bit of info on the area presently. The state of Wyoming doesn't give the residents some special forecast for the residents. If we want to see what a storm is doing or what the weather will be for the coming weekend. We look at the forecasts for the areas we want to ride. This info is available to anyone, anywhere, anytime. I would think think that out of Staters would know these links very well during the winter.

I saw that after the fact. I apologize, i must have skipped over it, did not see it at time of post. Sorry for the inconvenience i caused you.

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
Hey guys, keep up the good work with the opinions, and info in your posts. Fun to read!:face-icon-small-win

1M800

Nov 24, 2006
MN
It looks like it may be snowing out there today? Headed out from MN tomorrow morning! :rockon:

Premium Features