• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Axys rpm fade ?

G
Jan 21, 2008
Wabush NL, Canada
Wow your a suck. Honest criticism,grow a pair.

Continue with your constant complaining on hcs were they care.

You had no problem complaining about your sled all season, but also had no problem in dumping your so called turd onto someone else. That's a special kinda person. And you bought another axys for 2016. Yep.
Your special.
I'm pretty sure there are more internet forums you can join to give out your wealth of information and knowledge .

He didn't "dump his turd onto someone else". He traded it in and took a bath because of it. If he doesn't have time to screw with something and would rather be riding, I don't blame him a bit for it. The dealer is well aware of what is going on with it but doesn't have a fix for it yet. If they sell it to someone else without letting them know about whats going on with it, its the dealers problem, not his. And do you think that he is the only one to trade in is 15 on a new 16?
There are lots of people out there working on solutions for this but they're doing it on their own dime. Kudos to them and I hope they come up with something that works. But some people don't have the time, the resources or the money to keep digging into something that no one has a solution for yet.
Put yourself in his shoes and think what it would be like to spend that kind of money on a brand new sled and have it run like a turd half of the time.

J
Feb 25, 2015
MAINE
He didn't "dump his turd onto someone else". He traded it in and took a bath because of it. If he doesn't have time to screw with something and would rather be riding, I don't blame him a bit for it. The dealer is well aware of what is going on with it but doesn't have a fix for it yet. If they sell it to someone else without letting them know about whats going on with it, its the dealers problem, not his. And do you think that he is the only one to trade in is 15 on a new 16?
There are lots of people out there working on solutions for this but they're doing it on their own dime. Kudos to them and I hope they come up with something that works. But some people don't have the time, the resources or the money to keep digging into something that no one has a solution for yet.
Put yourself in his shoes and think what it would be like to spend that kind of money on a brand new sled and have it run like a turd half of the time.

Thank You Grease Monkey. My Buddy also bought an S-800 that has had similar RPM issues that never saw a fix last year. He brought his sled to his dealer to several times un-diagnosed and Polaris technicians actually took his sled out and ran some miles on it at the very end of the year. He is a snowmobile mechanic and has elected to hang in there with his sled for another year in hopes that Polaris will come up with the Fix. Given that he is a mechanic and I'm not, I wish him the best of luck. I'm sure that something will eventually come together and fix the RPM issue because their are lots of smart people working to find the answers and he understands the ins and outs of these sleds much better than I do. I definately learned much more than I ever expected to know about sleds this year which is great BUT I'd rather of put 3,500 miles on riding than have my sled sit a dealer and spend time trouble shooting issues myself. My 2013 Pro-R 800 ran flawless and I hammered the crap out of it. That's what I expect out of my new Axys. Certainly didn't trade in the R-800 for an S-800 so I could wrench more. I will say this.... The new Axys motor ROCKS when she is running like she should. I just want one that runs like that 100% of the time not 65%

R

Ratchit

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 18, 2013
here

I spent countless hours on dyno's, on the road . Back and forth to use the digital wrench.its a lot of testing and time involved.
I have no time for internet hearsay or speculation. If you don't know,don't say it.

Have a good one

G
Jan 21, 2008
Wabush NL, Canada
I didnt say that you personally did not put any time into working on this issue. I just dont think its fair to give someone s**t who trades in a sled that's not working to its full potential in hopes of getting one that is. He didnt list it on craiglist as awesome running sled with no issues hoping to reel in some sucker to dump it on him. He traded it in to the dealer who was working on it to try and fix it and they are well aware of the situation.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Just to change the topic, I was anticipating hitting the 100 post mark and the basic members dropping off. I was wrong.

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
I did a Snow Check on a 2016 Axys RMK Pro so I have been concerned about this issue since it came up. I talked to a highly respected expert about it and he is very convinced that it is the belt problem that has been discussed. I certainly hope that it is not something more than that. On the bright side, we are on the downhill side of the calendar and winter is coming.

R

Ratchit

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 18, 2013
here
I did a Snow Check on a 2016 Axys RMK Pro so I have been concerned about this issue since it came up. I talked to a highly respected expert about it and he is very convinced that it is the belt problem that has been discussed. I certainly hope that it is not something more than that. On the bright side, we are on the downhill side of the calendar and winter is coming.

90% of the people describing problems on the internet don't know what their talking about any ways. I wouldn't be worried.The other 10% are just speculating on going on hearsay.
HCS is full of hearsay,speculation and lies if you wanna go there to hate your polaris . :becky::becky::becky::becky::becky::becky::becky:

M

minus40

Oct 22, 2001
90% of the people describing problems on the internet don't know what their talking about any ways. I wouldn't be worried.The other 10% are just speculating on going on hearsay.
HCS is full of hearsay,speculation and lies if you wanna go there to hate your polaris . :becky::becky::becky::becky::becky::becky::becky:

So 100% percent of the people on the internet have no idea.

J
Feb 25, 2015
MAINE
Change yur belt jmax.;)

Yes. Tried 3 different belts in 2300+ miles. My 2nd belt I thought might have been the fix but it turns out that I only got 100 miles or so before the issues returned. I put in the SLP Stage 2 kit and got 1000 miles without problems but then the RPM issues came back with a vengeance. That's when I let my dealer have a shot at it. They looked at all of the Polaris so called possible problems that contribute to RPM issue. They found nothing and None of that helped anything. I think it could be Clutch related? Heat is also another of my thoughts? I believe that it is a complex bundle of several different problems contributing to the problem.

Although I'm sure as "RATCHIT" put it. I'm just another person that knows nothing. Somebody must have sneezed on me on the H.C.S site. :face-icon-small-hap I know that there are people that like to stir the Pot and create stupid stories. I also know there are people that will read some of the RPM issues and begin to believe that they also have problems. Some people probably only need a new belt and think they have the issue. I'm not one that has nothing better to do than try to stir the pot and create havoc. I rode a Pro-R 800 for two years and had zero issues. I never once hit the forums with a single complaint or negative comment.

Seems how this post was answering a question someone asked if I changed my belt I'll add this comment. All 3 belts that I swapped out all looked fine. I used to change belts when they started to look worn. Cracked, frayed or simply blown apart. Not the case with these new belts. Might look a little glazed but other than that they looked nearly as nice as the new one being put on. So now I have 3 belts that look fine. One with 700 miles, one with 1200 miles and one with 400+ on it. I put the 1200 mile belt back on the traded in sled and kept the other two that had less mileage on them. Couldn't tell you if they are good or bad? I just know that they didn't fix the problem.

As far as clutching being the problem?? I avidly clean the faces of the primary every 200-300 miles and lightly scuff the belt then clean with warm soapy water. I've changed the primary spring. I've changed the secondary spring. I've changed the weights. I'm not a true mechanic -nor- do I want to be. I haven't checked alignment or any of the more technical stuff. When running good she turns 8300 consistently sometimes pulling up to 8400. When running like a turd I've seen her top out at 8000 and be that way all day. When having a real bad day I've seen 7400 as a peak. 8000 rpm is annoying as ever BUT anything under 7800 just down right pisses me off. At the end of one of those days you could say I'm pretty dam bitter. Most of the season it was like a light switch going from good to bad several times a day. At the end of the riding season "Last 200 miles" it was consistantly low. 8000rpm was as good as it would get and 7400 was there for 50% of my riding.

THIS IS WHEN I DECIDED TO TAKE A $4,300 BATH AND TRADE IN. I JUST COULDN'T START MY NEXT YEAR ON THIS TURD. I SPEND ALL SUMMER LOOKING FORWARD TO SNOW RETURNING AND RIDING TO START AGAIN. I WASN'T GOING TO SPEND ALL SUMMER BREWING OVER IF MY SLED WOULD EVER RUN RIGHT AGAIN.

R

Ratchit

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 18, 2013
here
I agree that 90% of those reporting fade have belt and or clutch issues. I'm also positive that the way it is described the "true" fade problem is not a belt issue

Ok, so u say 90% for belt, and the other 10% is not a belt issue. So is that just your opinion or is that proof? I just wanted to know so we can separate the speculation from the proof.
That way it can be resolved.:becky:

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
im hoping if poo dont fix it,maybe the strain on the crappy belt and clutches with adding a mountain paddle track will fix itself.:)

R

Ratchit

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 18, 2013
here
im hoping if poo dont fix it,maybe the strain on the clutches from adding a mountain paddle track will fix itself.:)

I wouldn't worry as it's only the flatland pro s model gearing and clutching having to do with this. It's a few people out of thousands.

One problem is the tall 1.61 gear ratio. Nothing should be this tall of a gear ratio, this is one of the flatland pro s model only problem. 1.80 ratio and your fine.

The other is the degree in clutch sheave face. Polaris changed it on the axys 800's. It up shifts quicker with the degree they changed too. (Like the tra). This quicker up shift doesn't work well with a tall pro s flatland gear ratio of 1.61.
All that adds to a cvt problem were rpm can be lost.

G
Jan 21, 2008
Wabush NL, Canada
Ok, so u say 90% for belt, and the other 10% is not a belt issue. So is that just your opinion or is that proof? I just wanted to know so we can separate the speculation from the proof.
That way it can be resolved.:becky:

There is documented proof that a belt does not fix all of the low rpm problems. People have swapped belts, clutches, ecu's , checked alignment and deflection and it had no effect. Either one of those has solved the issue for many people that had a low rpm issue but for the people where their rpm drop off like a lightswitch and the tone of the engine changes, it has not helped. What makes it harder to troubleshoot is the fact that it is an intermittent issue where the engine runs like a raped ape one minute, a turd the next minute and during a day of riding, it can go back and forth. That is what people are talking about when they say "rpm fade". Almost like the ecu goes into some sort of protection mode from time to time and there are no check engine lights or dtc's associated with it.

Premium Features