• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Glad the seasons over!!

S
Dec 15, 2007
Kelowna BC
Ok I do like my Polaris sleds but here is my real life experiance this year.Picked up my new 14 Pro LE 163 snowcheck in October.Sled came cosmetically damaged on top of tunnel ,but I'm a nice guy and accepted it.2nd ride out Guages flicker on and off so I drop off at dealer also notice belt cording.Dealer replaces belt,brake light switch as it had a wire rub thru.I then put on about 200 more miles with an occasional bog.Bring it in for 1st service and ask about bog but do nothing,I have them helicoil a stripped from factory engine strap bolt.Bog gets worse I return to dealer throwing codes they replace TSS switch.I go out on next ride sled falls all over itself again @4-6k.By now starting to lose patiance and return sled to dealer and insist on replacing injectors.Pick up sled which now has 575 miles on it.Sled finally runs great no bog about 40 miles into ride I feel vibration,I rolled onto side checked track as I looked at belt earlier.A soon as I hit the open trail and hit about 60mph boom goes belt #2. I new what it was and shut it right down.Replaced belt rode down.Dropped off at dealer again with 640 miles and belt fibres everywhere.I asked them to go thru clutch as something not right.I call today to check on sled as its been almost a week.Turns out an engine mount is out or broken.Dealer can not get primary off its seized on.Polaris has authorized cutting off crank shaft and replacing crank.I had enough of this one and ordered a 2015 standard RMK 163 ES ,clickers.Shi T happens I guess,my 12 was flawless in 1550 miles other than a EGT sensor.My 09 D800 was great as well no blown engines.Time to think about next year.

R

rugbynitro

Nov 4, 2009
Kamloops, B.C.
Sounds like a freaking gong show brother. There's always a bad apple in the bunch.

Traded my 12 for the same snow check RMK LE 163 ES and just hoping like you that it's built on a Wednesday.:face-icon-small-ton

I hope your luck changes for 15.

O
Dec 6, 2007
If I had a season like that, I would pray for it to end as well. Good call dumping the lemon. My '13 has run perfectly, 1000 miles since mid Dec and we still have 8-10 feet of snow on the mountain. Luckily, my season looks like it has at least another month left.

R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010
Are you getting it from the same dealer? Seems they might be the lemon... Then again most are pretty worthless when it comes to working on them.

S
Dec 15, 2007
Kelowna BC
Yup Friday built sled.Same dealer ,yes i am wondering about their service dept as they only seem to be able to read codes.I wonder if at 100 miles if they had checked the clutch alignment instead of just throwing on a new belt that the clutch would have come off then.I find I get a lot more help on Snowest than from the dealer.I practicaly had to beg them to change out the injectors as from what I read on here pointed to that being my bog issue.Instead they chased the wrong thing and I had to put up with bogging for most of my season.Yup here's hoping my 15 RMK standard 163 is built on a Wednesday.They did give me a pretty good deal on trading after a bit of whining:face-icon-small-con

F

fastrack0

Mar 28, 2014
Penticton, BC
Yup Friday built sled.Same dealer ,yes i am wondering about their service dept as they only seem to be able to read codes.I wonder if at 100 miles if they had checked the clutch alignment instead of just throwing on a new belt that the clutch would have come off then.I find I get a lot more help on Snowest than from the dealer.I practicaly had to beg them to change out the injectors as from what I read on here pointed to that being my bog issue.Instead they chased the wrong thing and I had to put up with bogging for most of my season.Yup here's hoping my 15 RMK standard 163 is built on a Wednesday.They did give me a pretty good deal on trading after a bit of whining:face-icon-

Not to name the dealer but is it the one in Kelowna ? Cause I just ordered one from them. Hope I will ave better luck with them...

Zrider

Lifetime Membership
May 7, 2003
Sparks, NV
SC:

Hope the new RMK is a good one for ya. I came close to pulling the trigger on what you're getting. It was awful tempting. Best of luck.

S
Dec 15, 2007
Kelowna BC
Yup Friday built sled.Same dealer ,yes i am wondering about their service dept as they only seem to be able to read codes.I wonder if at 100 miles if they had checked the clutch alignment instead of just throwing on a new belt that the clutch would have come off then.I find I get a lot more help on Snowest than from the dealer.I practicaly had to beg them to change out the injectors as from what I read on here pointed to that being my bog issue.Instead they chased the wrong thing and I had to put up with bogging for most of my season.Yup here's hoping my 15 RMK standard 163 is built on a Wednesday.They did give me a pretty good deal on trading after a bit of whining:face-icon-

Not to name the dealer but is it the one in Kelowna ? Cause I just ordered one from them. Hope I will ave better luck with them...
Yup that's the one.

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
it's too bad u can't scratch a big X on the tunnel to mark It.

that way you can mark it as a LEMON, I feel bad for the POOR S.O.B. that buys it next.

CHAZWILDMAN

Premium Member
Jan 5, 2011
Sounds just like my 11, had the exact same problems but my 14 has been flawless and loving the belt drive :)

Premium Features