• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Need help!

P
Feb 6, 2012
Hi. I have a 2012 assault with the bikeman 860 big bore. Having some major issues. Sled started and ran fine for about a km. then got a bog once in a while that escalated to the point where as soon as it would hit around 4000 rpm it would bog. Towed it out after that. It's at the shop now and has 11 codes stored. One of them for tps was 104 times. One for air intake was 98 times. Check engine light was not staying on. The shop said they cleared the codes but they will come back right away. Now they want to keep it for "hopefully only a few days until there better mechanic gets back because they think it's an issue with the power commander. But I'm supposed to go riding on the 28 and it takes forever to get parts where I'm at. Any one ever have this issue or similar. How would a sled ascot with a toast power commander. Any info helps. I'm a yammy guy and have never dealt with these two stroke issues before. Thanks for any input. Also sled still pulls 142-145 psi with compression test. Thanks

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Sounds like a ground issue or other electrical problem.

Have you ever hit anything with the front bumper (grounds)... often you can crack the bumper mount tab and still look like the it is intact... this is the source for all ground wires on the chassis.

Next.. do you have ANYTHING plugged into the "DC PWR" plugs on the sled?? (the black one at the headlight or the one under the hood?)

Are there ANY accessory electrical items on the sled that did not come from the factory?

A since the power commander plugs between the factory harness and the ECU....If you have it... that could cause the issues you are having as well.

Check the ground first.

P
Feb 6, 2012
Ya there's was coolant over heat or something along those lines as well. For some reason I can figure stuff out on my Yammys but I don't have a clue about these power commanders or Polaris sleds lol. If I unplug pc5 and plug into factory If the pc5 is faulty. The sled should run decent up to around the 6500 rpm range ?

P
Feb 6, 2012
And no there are no other added electrical components on the sled. As far as anything else plugged into that plug. I'll look as soon as I get it back from the dealership. Thanks for the replys!

pindallout

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
51st State Da U.P., eh!
Mountainhorse will have some ideas......... he knows these pro electrical systems like the back of his hand. But, I wonder what voltage regulator it was, there is more than one on the pro's? Maybe the pc-v was bad and shorted something out causing the issue? I am interested in what MH has to say.

Last edited:
Premium Features