• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone running Legend ZX-2SR 2-stroke oil?

P
Nov 27, 2007
Humboldt, Iowa
Is there anyone on snowest running any of the Lenend Performance oils? Can you give me a little review of them. Their website testimonials are unbelievable. I really hope it works as good as they say. If it does I'm SOLD!:D

C

CoyoteGirl

Nov 26, 2007
Washington
www.brandyfloyd.com
I do.

Well, everyone that rides behind me says I smell good! ;)

Powervalves need cleaned just a little bit at about 2000 miles.

Definitely have not had any issues/ failures.

Don't notice much smoke.

M

modsledr

Nov 26, 2007
Western WA
What CG said...we've been using it for a few years...I have an 809 tripple that i tore down after 6 seasons, sent the crank to SLP and they sent it back saying everything was in spec.

Look at the certifications and standards this oil meets...very few oils meet ALL of the standards.

Plus, it smells like sweet.

T
Nov 30, 2007
I've run it in my flatland sleds for the past two seasons with great success...I would recommend it to anyone and infact have turned most of my riding buddies on to it. No smoke. No Smell..and no problems...

M

modsledr

Nov 26, 2007
Western WA
Call the main number on the website and the owner will hook you up with the closest dealer.

I get it from KENNEWICK RANCH & HOME in the Tri Cities WA area. The guys name is Jeff...509-539-9161. (sometimes takes a couple of calls to get a call back...be persistent, he's a really nice guy).

I just had a 5 gallon bucket sent...cost was $35/gal after shipping.

cyrus3355

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
lost
I have been using it since it was called PRODUMAX. It is the only oil I will run.
I decided to try klotz one year and lost three cranks. I switched back to legend and have never had an issue.

S
Nov 26, 2007
Logan, Utah
I've used Legend oils for 4 years

I'm a complete fanatic about oil. I have been sledding since 1968, and have always run the best oil I can find. I have often spent time and effort researching to determine which is best. Most recently, I was using Amsoil synthetic at 32:1 to 40:1 premix (I don't trust oil pumps - that's how fanatical I am) until I was first introduced to Legend oil about four years ago by Donie Williamson (3 time world champion hill climber). Donie told me he had torn down an engine that had been running on Legend oil for 1,000 miles and the pistons looked brand new. He explained that, unlike synthetics (and Blue Marble, by the way), Legend oil does not glaze the cylinder walls. I used to think glazing was a good thing because it provides protection and less metal to metal friction. What I didn't understand is that it hurts performance like crazy because the rings no longer do their job and you lose compression. Glazing also allows blow-by, which coats the area of the piston under the rings with carbon.

I tried the ZX-2R oil and was "hooked" immediately. There was a small but noticeable power and throttle response improvement, and there was very little smoke or stink after warm up. Each year, upon doing a compression check, I found that I had lost no compression. Since I started using Legend, I've never had to do a top end on either of my sleds, and I ride a lot.

Last year, when the new ZX2-SR oil came out, I decided to give it a try. I was perfectly happy with the older ZX-2R oil. It is is sufficient protection for nearly any sledding application. But like I said, I'm a fanatic about oil, and Mark said the new "S" oil was even better. When it arrived, I called Mark because I was shocked that it was so thin - the viscosity was almost like WD40 or gasoline. I thought there was something wrong with it. He told me not to worry, and assured me that's how it's supposed to be. He explained that it's the fancy high-tech nano additives that actually do the lubrication and that the oil itself is mostly a carrier. I wasn't entirely convinced, but after a season of running it, I can say this oil is FANTASTIC. The S oil is probably 7-8 years ahead of any other oil in technology.

I run this stuff at 50:1 and would feel comfortable at 60-80:1. Mark told me that one customer ran his sled for a whole season with a broken oil pump cable on ZX2-SR and had no problems. It's that good.

People think you need a synthetic for high power turbo applications. But Legend oil will protect any monster motor, and at the same time give you more power and not stink out the guy behind you. I've been saying this for years in these forums, but nobody seemed to be listening. It's nice to see some other folks finally posting about it.

I'd be happy to just keep this as my own little secret, except for two reasons: 1) I want to help Mark succeed in his business so he'll keep making the stuff, and 2) I'm tired of getting stunk out riding behind you guys running synthetics... :) No, seriously, I'm not a big "green-save-the-planet" guy, but if I can emit less pollution AND get more power and engine protection at the same time, that's one less thing for the cross country skiers to whine about.

Last edited:
C
Apr 11, 2008
michigan
I'm a complete fanatic about oil. I have been sledding since 1968, and have always run the best oil I can find. I have often spent time and effort researching to determine which is best. Most recently, I was using Amsoil synthetic at 32:1 to 40:1 premix (I don't trust oil pumps - that's how fanatical I am) until I was first introduced to Legend oil about four years ago by Donie Williamson (3 time world champion hill climber). Donie told me he had torn down an engine that had been running on Legend oil for 1,000 miles and the pistons looked brand new. He explained that, unlike synthetics (and Blue Marble, by the way), Legend oil does not glaze the cylinder walls. I used to think glazing was a good thing because it provides protection and less metal to metal friction. What I didn't understand is that it hurts performance like crazy because the rings no longer do their job and you lose compression. Glazing also allows blow-by, which coats the area of the piston under the rings with carbon.

I tried the ZX-2R oil and was "hooked" immediately. There was a small but noticeable power and throttle response improvement, and there was very little smoke or stink after warm up. Each year, upon doing a compression check, I found that I had lost no compression. Since I started using Legend, I've never had to do a top end on either of my sleds, and I ride a lot.

Last year, when the new ZX2-SR oil came out, I decided to give it a try. I was perfectly happy with the older ZX-2R oil. It is is sufficient protection for nearly any sledding application. But like I said, I'm a fanatic about oil, and Mark said the new "S" oil was even better. When it arrived, I called Mark because I was shocked that it was so thin - the viscosity was almost like WD40 or gasoline. I thought there was something wrong with it. He told me not to worry, and assured me that's how it's supposed to be. He explained that it's the fancy high-tech nano additives that actually do the lubrication and that the oil itself is mostly a carrier. I wasn't entirely convinced, but after a season of running it, I can say this oil is FANTASTIC. The S oil is probably 7-8 years ahead of any other oil in technology.

I run this stuff at 50:1 and would feel comfortable at 60-80:1. Mark told me that one customer ran his sled for a whole season with a broken oil pump cable on ZX2-SR and had no problems. It's that good.

People think you need a synthetic for high power turbo applications. But Legend oil will protect any monster motor, and at the same time give you more power and not stink out the guy behind you. I've been saying this for years in these forums, but nobody seemed to be listening. It's nice to see some other folks finally posting about it.

I'd be happy to just keep this as my own little secret, except for two reasons: 1) I want to help Mark succeed in his business so he'll keep making the stuff, and 2) I'm tired of getting stunk out riding behind you guys running synthetics... :) No, seriously, I'm not a big "green-save-the-planet" guy, but if I can emit less pollution AND get more power and engine protection at the same time, that's one less thing for the cross country skiers to whine about.
Sounds a little to good to be true!! So if I use this oil I will no longer have to do my top end? Hell why not run a little oil through my motor at the begininng of the season then just unhook the oil injector? Almost sounds like a sales pitch right from Traverse City Michigan. Back in the day they called this SNAKE OIL.

Premium Features