For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

New Thread

Go Back   SnoWest Snowmobile Forum > Performance & Modifications > Snow bikes

SnoWest
Register Forums New Posts Classifieds Garages

Upgrade to Premium

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2012, 11:57 PM
Currently: Pondering if I can ride a snowbike....

Eli has a reputation beyond reputeEli has a reputation beyond reputeEli has a reputation beyond reputeEli has a reputation beyond reputeEli has a reputation beyond reputeEli has a reputation beyond reputeEli has a reputation beyond reputeEli has a reputation beyond reputeEli has a reputation beyond reputeEli has a reputation beyond reputeEli has a reputation beyond repute
Default What Gloves-or Handlebar Gauntlets?

What is preferred in deep snow? Good gloves or gauntlets?

How thick of gloves are needed?

http://www.amazon.com/Classic-Access...sim_sbs_auto_1
Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 10-17-2012, 10:55 AM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member

sanddanw has a brilliant futuresanddanw has a brilliant futuresanddanw has a brilliant futuresanddanw has a brilliant futuresanddanw has a brilliant futuresanddanw has a brilliant futuresanddanw has a brilliant futuresanddanw has a brilliant futuresanddanw has a brilliant futuresanddanw has a brilliant futuresanddanw has a brilliant future

I prefer to ride with thin water replellent gloves on my sled but hate cold hands. With a dirtbike I prefer light gloves also so I have a wraparound handguard installed and just purchased the Powermad Guantlets from amazon. Primarily because they are made to go around the hand guards and also have a preformed ring to keep the guantlet open for easy hand enter etc. They also have a 1 year no questions asked warranty. I have ridden street bikes in cold weather with a cheaper style of these and it was hard to get hands into guantlets with gloves on as they would hang up so I hope the open hole design helps. Also the streetbike did not have handguards and the wind would push the guantlet against the levers and make then difficult also. On the positive side I ended up not even wearing gloves in 30 deg weather at highway speeds nice and warm.

http://www.amazon.com/PowerMadd-PM14...ards+gauntlets
The Following User Says Thank You to sanddanw For This Useful Post:
Eli (10-17-2012)
Old 10-17-2012, 02:31 PM
Currently: Wear the fox hat
Basic Member

anonny has a reputation beyond reputeanonny has a reputation beyond reputeanonny has a reputation beyond reputeanonny has a reputation beyond reputeanonny has a reputation beyond reputeanonny has a reputation beyond reputeanonny has a reputation beyond reputeanonny has a reputation beyond reputeanonny has a reputation beyond reputeanonny has a reputation beyond reputeanonny has a reputation beyond repute

I have a couple pairs of good gauntlet type sled gloves. Bring extras incase a pair gets wet.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:53 PM

Eli has a reputation beyond reputeEli has a reputation beyond reputeEli has a reputation beyond reputeEli has a reputation beyond reputeEli has a reputation beyond reputeEli has a reputation beyond reputeEli has a reputation beyond reputeEli has a reputation beyond reputeEli has a reputation beyond reputeEli has a reputation beyond reputeEli has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanddanw View Post
I prefer to ride with thin water replellent gloves on my sled but hate cold hands. With a dirtbike I prefer light gloves also so I have a wraparound handguard installed and just purchased the Powermad Guantlets from amazon. Primarily because they are made to go around the hand guards and also have a preformed ring to keep the guantlet open for easy hand enter etc. They also have a 1 year no questions asked warranty. I have ridden street bikes in cold weather with a cheaper style of these and it was hard to get hands into guantlets with gloves on as they would hang up so I hope the open hole design helps. Also the streetbike did not have handguards and the wind would push the guantlet against the levers and make then difficult also. On the positive side I ended up not even wearing gloves in 30 deg weather at highway speeds nice and warm.

http://www.amazon.com/PowerMadd-PM14...ards+gauntlets
Thanks for the link. I'll give these a shot.
Old 10-18-2012, 10:05 PM
Currently: tired and sore

CATSLEDMAN1 has a reputation beyond reputeCATSLEDMAN1 has a reputation beyond reputeCATSLEDMAN1 has a reputation beyond reputeCATSLEDMAN1 has a reputation beyond reputeCATSLEDMAN1 has a reputation beyond reputeCATSLEDMAN1 has a reputation beyond reputeCATSLEDMAN1 has a reputation beyond reputeCATSLEDMAN1 has a reputation beyond reputeCATSLEDMAN1 has a reputation beyond reputeCATSLEDMAN1 has a reputation beyond reputeCATSLEDMAN1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default hang 'n on

45 years of riding enduro's you learn to not hang on toooo hard, so on my snow bike I can wear big fat gore tex gloves no big deal, drives others crazy, ...........just relax, encourage the bars don't grab them, no white knuckle. Is nice on the 800 once in awhile on the way back in the dark to light up the grips.

bought a set of those big elephant ear gauntlets, haven't remembered to run them yet in deeep powder, looking forward to trying them this year. doubt the wr has enough juice to run a light and dry out gloves at dark.
Old 10-19-2012, 08:09 AM
Basic Member

more snow has a reputation beyond reputemore snow has a reputation beyond reputemore snow has a reputation beyond reputemore snow has a reputation beyond reputemore snow has a reputation beyond reputemore snow has a reputation beyond reputemore snow has a reputation beyond reputemore snow has a reputation beyond reputemore snow has a reputation beyond reputemore snow has a reputation beyond reputemore snow has a reputation beyond repute

Don't waist your time with bulky difficult to use guantlets. The best solution is to install some heating elements under your grips. Then you can use comfortable thin riding gloves for full non-fatiguing control. My 2 cents.
Old 10-19-2012, 09:49 AM
Currently: One Ski - or no ski

carbondaddy has a reputation beyond reputecarbondaddy has a reputation beyond reputecarbondaddy has a reputation beyond reputecarbondaddy has a reputation beyond reputecarbondaddy has a reputation beyond reputecarbondaddy has a reputation beyond reputecarbondaddy has a reputation beyond reputecarbondaddy has a reputation beyond reputecarbondaddy has a reputation beyond reputecarbondaddy has a reputation beyond reputecarbondaddy has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, that's the best option, unless your bike doesn't have an electrical system to run them
revysnowbikes.com
facebook/Revy Snowbikes
Old 10-19-2012, 10:03 AM
Currently: waiting

J&L Snowhawk has a reputation beyond reputeJ&L Snowhawk has a reputation beyond reputeJ&L Snowhawk has a reputation beyond reputeJ&L Snowhawk has a reputation beyond reputeJ&L Snowhawk has a reputation beyond reputeJ&L Snowhawk has a reputation beyond reputeJ&L Snowhawk has a reputation beyond reputeJ&L Snowhawk has a reputation beyond reputeJ&L Snowhawk has a reputation beyond reputeJ&L Snowhawk has a reputation beyond reputeJ&L Snowhawk has a reputation beyond repute
Default jmo

i love the gauntlets myself. use a water proof moto x type glove most of the time. hands arn't so hot that snow melts on them cuz of heated grips so they stay dry.
its gonna come down to personal preference i would say.
Dealer for Dobeck Performance. Rekluse clutch,snowbike bypass thermostat, custom intakes & engine shrouds
SNOWHAWKSURVIVOR
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Garys...97829540418236
Old 11-02-2012, 07:14 AM

I ordered the Powermadd gauntlets and they are pretty cool. Bars are totally accessible and it looks like they won't hinder use in any way. Thanks for the info.
Old 11-02-2012, 05:02 PM

wntrland has a reputation beyond reputewntrland has a reputation beyond reputewntrland has a reputation beyond reputewntrland has a reputation beyond reputewntrland has a reputation beyond reputewntrland has a reputation beyond reputewntrland has a reputation beyond reputewntrland has a reputation beyond reputewntrland has a reputation beyond reputewntrland has a reputation beyond reputewntrland has a reputation beyond repute

I've used the PowerMadd gauntlets on my Timbersled for the last couple of years now. I really like them. Some friends who have tried my bike can't stand them. Totally a personal preference issue.
Old 11-02-2012, 10:14 PM
Basic Member

TeamOrange has a reputation beyond reputeTeamOrange has a reputation beyond reputeTeamOrange has a reputation beyond reputeTeamOrange has a reputation beyond reputeTeamOrange has a reputation beyond reputeTeamOrange has a reputation beyond reputeTeamOrange has a reputation beyond reputeTeamOrange has a reputation beyond reputeTeamOrange has a reputation beyond reputeTeamOrange has a reputation beyond reputeTeamOrange has a reputation beyond repute

I just ride with bark busters and thin gloves. You can always have a pair or two spares in the ol pack. I just like the control that comes with thin gloves. I have heated grips i havent installed yet. I am sure they will be handy when
Temps are in the teens.

Oz

Last edited by TeamOrange; 11-02-2012 at 10:37 PM.
Old 10-20-2013, 12:32 PM
Currently: praying for snow
Basic Member

hardstart has a brilliant futurehardstart has a brilliant futurehardstart has a brilliant futurehardstart has a brilliant futurehardstart has a brilliant futurehardstart has a brilliant futurehardstart has a brilliant futurehardstart has a brilliant futurehardstart has a brilliant futurehardstart has a brilliant futurehardstart has a brilliant future

Anyone found some gauntlets that work well?!

There are some ski gloves that have heaters built in but I'm worried they will last about as long as a few pairs of ski pants that I used last season. (not long)

Seems like the heated grips are the favourite.

Pray for snow brothers.
Old 10-20-2013, 10:17 PM
Currently: Snow biking

the gman has a reputation beyond reputethe gman has a reputation beyond reputethe gman has a reputation beyond reputethe gman has a reputation beyond reputethe gman has a reputation beyond reputethe gman has a reputation beyond reputethe gman has a reputation beyond reputethe gman has a reputation beyond reputethe gman has a reputation beyond reputethe gman has a reputation beyond reputethe gman has a reputation beyond repute

I have to vote for the power MADD gauntlets also. Ran them last year on my kx and took some crap about them from fellow riders but most are running them this year, or have ordered them. In the heavy snow tree bashing the gauntlets take the snow and your gloves stay nice and dry.
Old 10-21-2013, 01:49 AM
Basic Member

powdermuncher has a reputation beyond reputepowdermuncher has a reputation beyond reputepowdermuncher has a reputation beyond reputepowdermuncher has a reputation beyond reputepowdermuncher has a reputation beyond reputepowdermuncher has a reputation beyond reputepowdermuncher has a reputation beyond reputepowdermuncher has a reputation beyond reputepowdermuncher has a reputation beyond reputepowdermuncher has a reputation beyond reputepowdermuncher has a reputation beyond repute

Henstra ski gloves ( from Sweden) Goretex with wool liners and the Yamaha soft Hand-guards (velcro on) over my Bark busters. Without the heaters nothing melts and my cloves stay dry all day. Good to -20 celsius.
Old 10-21-2013, 12:12 PM
Currently: Getting the horse out of the barn...

Alphageek has a reputation beyond reputeAlphageek has a reputation beyond reputeAlphageek has a reputation beyond reputeAlphageek has a reputation beyond reputeAlphageek has a reputation beyond reputeAlphageek has a reputation beyond reputeAlphageek has a reputation beyond reputeAlphageek has a reputation beyond reputeAlphageek has a reputation beyond reputeAlphageek has a reputation beyond reputeAlphageek has a reputation beyond repute

I like the control of thinner gloves (I mostly use Klim Inversion gloves) rather than bulkier ones, so I added grip heaters and use these gauntlets on colder days: http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/...usk-Hand-Mitts

Only $10 plus shipping right now, and they're not quite as deep as some other gauntlets, which makes it easier to quickly get your hands on the grips.
Old 10-21-2013, 01:53 PM
Currently: every ride is incredible on a mtn horse

PalousePoo has a reputation beyond reputePalousePoo has a reputation beyond reputePalousePoo has a reputation beyond reputePalousePoo has a reputation beyond reputePalousePoo has a reputation beyond reputePalousePoo has a reputation beyond reputePalousePoo has a reputation beyond reputePalousePoo has a reputation beyond reputePalousePoo has a reputation beyond reputePalousePoo has a reputation beyond reputePalousePoo has a reputation beyond repute

I love the Fly Snow glove. I carry 3 pairs. They get wet, especially from digging out an arctic cat sled buddy. But I think a gauntlet is the way to go in extreme cold.
thermobob 3
Cyclops 630
Adventure pegs
2015 MH ST