• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

well my mod motor is a memory now

well timing could not have been better. two rides on $400 pistons and then it all happend......

I was riding with a couple good buds in a great area in fresh deep pow. I went over the bars on a pretty hard hit..... sled rolls over...no real big deal....this is step one of the end for me. I make a long pull up a not too steep hill with a couple step ups in it.....this got me closer to the end.....do you see it coming yet? next I jump off the trail down a pretty steep hill.....just about to the bottom I stab the juice....it makes a pop! crap.....I have one 50 foot hill between me and a good trail out....I stab it to the bar......I make it, but it is not good noises.

guess it yet?

ok, there was a clutch shim that was dropped into my air box ducting at some time in my sleds life......I think the roll over got it just perfect where it could jump into the airbox on the step ups........then the long pull was perfect for getting it to wiggle into place where it could get sucked in.....course the steep hill helped a ton:rolleyes:.......so I broke the pto side rod pin clean off, beat the living heck out of my head, and, well I am looking at a bit of welding for sure:cool:

the killer for me is I JUST got to a place that I was happy with my clutching, and jetting. my good piston wash was bang on the money 100% perfect, I had not a hint of a bog....it was rockin'. bearing look perfect.....stupid space junk!!
it will be back next year, but I am done for this year......

so back to 862cc I go :rolleyes:

moral of the story, check your sled if you bought it used, keep foreign crap out of your sled.......learn from my mistake!

S

stock suks

Apr 25, 2008
mt
that sucks, sorry to hear..im getting mine pretty spot on, hope that dont happen, i will be pulling my stocker off the shelf or throwin a brush fit and parking it!! clutching is pretty good after the post for help THANKS

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
Wow, sorry to hear that...How did the clutch shim get past the reeds? Did they go too? Well your mod motor is a memory, but at least a good memory while it was running:)

C
Dec 30, 2008
MN/MI/CO
**** balls that sucks... heres my winter. me and my buddies move to colorado for our first mountain riding experience. 5 sleds.. never more than two going at once. was about the worst winter co has had in a long time.... and top of that minnesotas winter was alright for once.. oh well thats sledding.. weather, wrenching and tuning are all part of it

M
Nov 26, 2007
MI
Sorry to hear about your loss. Back in Michigan at the snow drags some were very worried about small miscellaneous bolts finding their way into the air box intentionally on someone else’s part. Sleds were always covered and watched.

Premium Features