• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New Trailer: Goose Neck or Bumper Pull?

JungleJim

Premium Member
Dec 11, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
Hi,
I've got a 24 foot four place (20 ft box) that is getting too small for longer sleds and thinking about moving up. Like to get feedback on Goose Neck vs Bumper Pull? I've never towed a 5th wheel plus have a Dodge Megacab with a 6" lift and 37's so would likely have to lift the trailer too. Like to haul three 163"s and a 174" sled. We only go to Revelstoke and I don't go up logging roads at all with the trailer. Like to get a good trailer with heat, sound system, the works. Any input or suggestions from those who have "been there, done that" are most welcome! For the GN guys would you do it again? Thanks!

C

carlc

Jan 23, 2008
helena mt
Gn all the way. Towing in wind is better, turning and backing is better, lots more heated and enclosed room for gear. Btw, the trails west burandt edition is the trailer to have!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JungleJim

Premium Member
Dec 11, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
Thanks! Right there with you on the Trails West Burandt edition! The YouTube video on how its made was very impressive. My biggest issue if I go with the GN is having to lift the trailer to get it level with my truck...that or get a new truck! LOL!

Other than Trails West, what would be a couple of other well made, well optioned trailer Mfgr's to check out? I've got an entry level Cargo Mate which has served its purpose but if stepping up, I'd like to do it right.

rmk8000

Lifetime Membership
Jan 22, 2013
saskatchewan canada
Thanks! Right there with you on the Trails West Burandt edition! The YouTube video on how its made was very impressive. My biggest issue if I go with the GN is having to lift the trailer to get it level with my truck...that or get a new truck! LOL!

Other than Trails West, what would be a couple of other well made, well optioned trailer Mfgr's to check out? I've got an entry level Cargo Mate which has served its purpose but if stepping up, I'd like to do it right.

Is there any adjustment on the hitch hight on these? If there is it would be a good idea to hook your truck up to one and see because you can't beat a gooseneck or 5th wheel, they make everything easier!

C

carlc

Jan 23, 2008
helena mt
There is adjustment to the hitch. I towed last years model with my 08 ram 3500 with 6" lift and 37s with no problems and no adjustments. I think they are aware that most sledders have a lifted rig and take that into account.

To the op. We used to be a dealer for Nash car trailers and have a fully loaded demo gooseneck for sale if you are interested send me a pm and I will get you some pics. It has cabinets, stereo, poly bead, anodized walls, two tone exterior, aluminum wheels, the list goes on.

meathooker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2008
Boise, ID
Gn pull amazingly well and the extra storage space would be nice. It wasnt in my budget however so a bumper pull charmac is scheduled to be done this month. The charmac trisport gn looks awesome. Bought a trails west 12 months ago and sold it 3 months ago due to qc.

B

Bacon

Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND
There is adjustment to the hitch. I towed last years model with my 08 ram 3500 with 6" lift and 37s with no problems and no adjustments. I think they are aware that most sledders have a lifted rig and take that into account.

To the op. We used to be a dealer for Nash car trailers and have a fully loaded demo gooseneck for sale if you are interested send me a pm and I will get you some pics. It has cabinets, stereo, poly bead, anodized walls, two tone exterior, aluminum wheels, the list goes on.

I really like my Nashcar that I got. If someone is interested in a gooseneck, that should be an option you should look into.

image.jpg

himarker

Premium Member
Dec 11, 2002
Prescott, Washington
Holy big trailer batman. Love to have something like that but that sucker won't fit into 99% of the places I ride. If I ever buy an enclosed is definitely go with a gn trailer. No questions asked.

B

Bacon

Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND
It looks long but it's a 38', which is 30' on the floor. It's about like pulling a 29' v-nose, but I bet I can get into tighter spots than a bumper pull. When you have to, you can turn very sharp and don't have to worry about jacking the trailer hitch into the bumper.

PROJack66

Premium Member
Feb 9, 2012
Watertown SD
Mission Accomplished

Went with the goose and customed it to our specs. I will never have anything but a gooseneck from here on out. The thing pulls like a dream in all the fun conditions we have out west and has the room needed. If price doesn't get you down go with the goose. We live in this one while out west.

002.jpg 006.jpg 018.jpg 019.jpg

JungleJim

Premium Member
Dec 11, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
Sweet trailer inside and out ProJack! Who was the Manufacturer? Sounds like overall, overwhelming support for the GN version. Also looks like I better start saving up to get it right the first time!

JungleJim

Premium Member
Dec 11, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
Carlc, thanks for the feedback on the same size of truck and hitch adjustability which is great to know! Definitely would be nice to be able to tow the trailer without mods to get it higher to match the lifted truck with bigger tires.

vertical800

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Columbus, ND
PROJACK66's trailer looks like a Mission trailer to me. I definitely would go with a GN trailer if you can. I love mine when we have a group going.

IMG_20131103_170343_866_zps84764a10.jpg

IMG_20131103_170402_727_zps2bc51962.jpg

PROJack66

Premium Member
Feb 9, 2012
Watertown SD
Mission

Sweet trailer inside and out ProJack! Who was the Manufacturer? Sounds like overall, overwhelming support for the GN version. Also looks like I better start saving up to get it right the first time!

Trailer is made by Mission Trailers. The design process with their team on a custom trailer was a bit extended but the overall product and build time was excellent. Very well built all aluminum trailer. Would recommend to anyone and pulls like a dream. Very large improvement over my past aluminum bumper pull trailers.

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
Better double check the height issues with that lift and tires. I have a buddy with a TW Burandt edition that totally trashed his bed and tailgate the other day.

Premium Features