• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2017 F250 Superduty

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Car #1 bought!
Placed the order for the new 2017 Ford Explorer Platinum for my wife yesterday.

That gets me one step closer to my new 2017 F250/350!

Now that momma is happy, dad can go shopping.

THANK YOU M8CHRIS

Last edited:

M8Chris

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Car #1 bought!
Placed the order for the new 2017 Ford Explorer Platinum for my wife yesterday.

That gets me one step closer to my new 2017 F250/350!

Now that momma is happy, dad can go shopping.

THANK YOU M8CHRIS

Thank you!

smoking_powerstroke

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 7, 2007
North Dakota
Total stock .. light towing ( enclosed car )
Investigating cause....

I know my screen name might say otherwise but I am truly a Chevy guy. However, with that said being stock and your engine detonating surprises me. But no matter who builds it, its still built by someone who is not perfect and using parts that might not be perfect also. Hopefully Ford finds the issue and they cover the cost to correct it for you.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
I did get to take that short test drive a 2017 F-450 Platinum the other day that was loaded with every option Ford offers. Didn't get to drive it much, but could get some comparison to my dad's '08 H&S tuned/deleted F-450 Lariat that I'm used to.

Drive and power: The 2017 rides much smoother and is super quiet in the cab. I thought the '08 was pretty quiet before, but this is even more so. The '08 also has the extra heavy duty springs. Not sure if the '17 did or not. The adaptive power steering is kind of neat and you can feel it stiffen up a little if you start turning a corner and then start accelerating. Basically for slow speed maneuvering you don't feel a thing, but the more aggressively you drive the truck the more it stabilizes itself. The truck overall is stiffer. Not in ride quality, but in flex. Near zero body roll going around roundabouts at a pretty good clip. Turbo lag is gone and the power is super smooth. The tuned '08 feels like it has more power (set to the 250 performance setting for those familiar with H&S), but the '17 is much more manageable and less touchy. Builds in a very linear fashion without a turbo spool hit. I'd compare it to maybe the 250 tow tune on the '08 or between the tow tune and street tune. H&S has +150, +250, and +300 tunes for the 6.4 with stock, tow, street, and performance within each of those for reference. Brakes are very strong. The guy told me overall this truck weighs about 50lbs more than last year's f-450 since they stiffened the frames and running gear after going aluminum on the body.

Interior: Head room is improved from the 2011-2016 generations which I am a big fan of. I can't sit in a Ram without my head touching (sun roof or not) and a 2011-2016 Ford with a sun roof is a no go. The 2017 had a sunroof and it didn't bother me in the driver's seat. Back seat sits higher and It would still be a no on a sunroof for me to get the extra 2" of headroom there. Rear underseat storage is lockable with the truck key so you can't fold up the rear seats and get in there. When it is all folded down it only sits maybe 1/2"-3/4" higher than the rest of the floor board. Massaging seats are pretty sweet! Does the butt and the back. Might really put a guy to sleep after a hard day of sledding with heat and massaging. Steering wheel was power telescoping as well as up and down. When you hit the door handle it automatically moved itself up and in toward the dash to get out of the truck. Bucket seats are 2" wider and fit me much better than the smaller '08 seats. Seat comfort overall is better both front and back. Front seats are better than 2011-2012 trucks I've ridden in too. There were so many cameras on that truck you could literally drive it and never look out a window if you wanted to. I noticed the front of the hood is sloped down more so the view out the windshield in-front-of the truck is less obstructed than recent years.

Exterior: These trucks look waaayyy better in person than in any of the photos. I didn't really care for the look before, but now I don't mind it. Rear tailgate assist is nice both opening and closing the gate. tailgate step is completely hidden compared to past years and the tailgate surface is completely flat like a truck that didn't have it before. No reason not to have it now.

For the short drive I was overall impressed. I better have been for the $89,000 sticker price on the truck I was driving!

Last edited:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
250 What? kr, pl, limited.........
I think I have settled in on the Platinum after all was said and done.
I would REALLY like to have that extra seat space in the front, but I am just not willing to order the Lariat and then LOAD it up with all the upgrades to get it close to the Platinum.

Wish they were offering a LIMITED edition...
But I don't think they offer that on any of the big trucks.
Just the F150 from time to time.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
user name m8chris ....loving ripping the axis....next thing he will be selling you yammie parts for your cat... LMFAO:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-blu:face-icon-small-ton

He he he.
Crossing over to Ski-Doo this season.
But still have a couple Yamis in the trailer just in case.
There really is no more bullet proof sled out there.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Well this kinda BITES!
The dang Diesel is getting the SHORT END of the stick!

Bladder Buster: 2017 Ford Super Duty Offers Up To 48 Gallon Fuel Tank
Also Largest in Class DEF Tank on Diesel Models
Edward A. Sanchez – Aug 25, 2016

Bladder Buster: 2017 Ford Super Duty Offers Up To 48 Gallon Fuel Tank
When you’re in it for the long haul, towing a trailer hundreds of miles, nothing is more annoying than having to constantly stop for fuel. Not only do you take up an entire fuel island with the trailer and annoy fellow motorists, but trying to thread a large truck with a trailer through a gas station is a chore enough in itself. For years, the aftermarket has offered oversized fuel tanks for HD trucks to maximize range. However, with the 2017 Ford Super Duty, having to modify your truck’s fuel tank may no longer be necessary except in the most extreme cases.

For long-bed crew cab 2017 Super Duty models, the fuel tank capacity is a massive 48 gallons, more than 10 gallons larger than the 2016 equivalent Super Duty model and larger than any current competitor’s factory offering. In addition to the larger fuel tank, diesel models get a 50-percent larger diesel exhaust fluid (DEF) tank with a total capacity of 7.5 gallons, giving users that tow regularly confidence that they will not have to worry about topping it off for several journeys.

The 48 gallon fuel tank applies to both gas and diesel long-bed crew cab models.

Regular-cab models have a 34-gallon tank for gas models and 29 gallons for diesel models.

Super Cab models feature a 34-gallon capacity for gas models and 29 gallons for diesel with the 6.5-foot bed and 34 gallons with the 8-foot bed.

Crew Cab gas models feature a 48-gallon tank for both 6.5 and 8-foot beds and 34 gallons for diesels with 6.5-foot beds.

Last edited:
Premium Features