• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Axys Can

Johnny T.

Lifetime Membership
Dec 9, 2007
Arlington MN
Looking for opinions on Axys cans. I've got a 17 coming leaning towards SLP I want a mild not wild sounding can. Thoughts? Or links.

Perk

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Boise, Idaho
I run the SLP, sound is good - throaty but not loud. Fitment could be better, the top of it is very close to the top of the panel on that side and I have a small blister from it on that panel (small than a dime). Tried to mount it differently but could not gain any clearance.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I run the SLP, sound is good - throaty but not loud. Fitment could be better, the top of it is very close to the top of the panel on that side and I have a small blister from it on that panel (small than a dime). Tried to mount it differently but could not gain any clearance.

I added a small piece of aluminum screwed to the unused attachment lugs on the sidepanel......

82cafd56496228c0c77e6088dbef152d.jpg

10-24 screws hold nicely.

Last edited:

Murph

Polaris Moderator/ Polaris Ambassador/ Klim Amb.
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Looking for opinions on Axys cans. I've got a 17 coming leaning towards SLP I want a mild not wild sounding can. Thoughts? Or links.

Thank you for asking about a "mild" sound. The only two I have heard that have acceptable levels of sound are the Diamond S Quiet, and SLP. The Diamond S definitely gets louder with miles-- I wish they built it where you could repack it easily.

"Quiet Recreation" is the latest mantra from the non-motorized contingent. It is also the hardest to defend against because of its subjective nature.

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
Bikeman trail can on my axys. Fits good. Sound close to slp can. Had the jaws trail but it got very loud fast.

06redrevx

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2008
Diamond S titanium here! Very quiet and light, great quality and fit

edgey

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2001
Diamond S quite all the way crazy light and not loud. I have two and looking for more!!!

Betterview

Lifetime Membership
Mar 16, 2008
Central Minnesota
Thank you for asking about a "mild" sound. The only two I have heard that have acceptable levels of sound are the Diamond S Quiet, and SLP. The Diamond S definitely gets louder with miles-- I wish they built it where you could repack it easily.

"Quiet Recreation" is the latest mantra from the non-motorized contingent. It is also the hardest to defend against because of its subjective nature.

The Diamond S Quiet can does not contain packing. It has baffles and after over 2000 miles mine has not gotten louder.

N

NWaxys

Feb 28, 2016
Eastern WA back country
Slp is good can not too loud. Have owned five on pros and axys.. Have one in box brand new and primary spring of your choice for altitude. 0-3000, 3-6000, or 6000+ . Pm me if you are interested. I will beat any price you can find and pay shipping

Last edited:

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
SLP is a damn good choice. Just buy the pipe and can set and bolt on some noticeable HP. No fuel issues with that pipe, straight bolt (except clutching). Eric

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
I run the Diamond S Quiet can. I ran it with a stock pipe, an SSI mod pipe and now an SLP pipe. It is quiet and it is light at 3.5 lbs. No sound change either with over 800 miles with the three different pipes. As mentioned above, it does not have packing, it uses baffles to control sound and back pressure. The SLP can is good too but it is so close to the side panel that it can melt the panel. I have seen that happen on several sleds that have that can on them. Given the price of a side panel, it makes the Diamond S a better value. With the SLP pipe and the Diamond S Quiet can, I have dropped the weight on my sled by close to 20 lbs. That is cheap for weight removal plus the SLP pipe makes more power and torque. It is a great investment to make a good sled even better.

hamlin

Lifetime Membership
Sep 13, 2013
Ssi stainless, sound is little louder than slp and they are baffled not packed as well so will not get louder. They were on sale for 179 too which I thought was pretty good

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
I run the Diamond S Quiet can. I ran it with a stock pipe, an SSI mod pipe and now an SLP pipe. It is quiet and it is light at 3.5 lbs. No sound change either with over 800 miles with the three different pipes. As mentioned above, it does not have packing, it uses baffles to control sound and back pressure. The SLP can is good too but it is so close to the side panel that it can melt the panel. I have seen that happen on several sleds that have that can on them. Given the price of a side panel, it makes the Diamond S a better value. With the SLP pipe and the Diamond S Quiet can, I have dropped the weight on my sled by close to 20 lbs. That is cheap for weight removal plus the SLP pipe makes more power and torque. It is a great investment to make a good sled even better.

Did you have any detonation issues with this pipe/can combo?
What altitude do you typically ride at?

Latitude 62

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 29, 2008
Summit Lake, Alaska
I have about 300 miles on the SLP silencer with no issues. It is mounted solidly, has a nice sound to it, fits well, and is an 11 pound weight loss. In the upper rpm range (exhaust valves open) it has a high pitch to it which is heard by other riders close to you, but, not so loudly that it is obnoxious.

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
Did you have any detonation issues with this pipe/can combo?
What altitude do you typically ride at?

Sorry. Zero detonation issues with the combination. Elevation is 4,000 to 10,000. I had detonation issues when I was running the SSI pipe mod and the Diamond S even with a PCV w/ ignition module. I couldn't find a map that sorted it out so I sold the pipe and the PCV and put an SLP pipe on the sled. Happy camper now. The SSI pipe and PCV made a little more power but it really sucked when you were on a long pull in gnarly conditions and the detonation detector would put it in limp mode.

Premium Features