• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ZRP Lift Kit Spindles

Summit74

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
bozeman, mt
d85e21b7fb1a08e956dc47943dca6406.jpg

This pic is from ZRP Instagram. So what kind of handling improvements can be expected from this? Or what difference would a guy notice?? Very intriguing.

Ski-doo#1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2011
GreatWhiteNorth
I am going to speculate: More clearance, added ride height, higher CG (easier to tip), reduced drag from running boards and panels, the ability to throw the sled around and get the front end to come up (easier hop overs and re-entries)

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Sporty from your pick they look about the same height but the Z spindle is “straigher” and the lower a-arm mount looks higher. Did you do a before and after measurement on the belly pan or rail to see how much it actually raised your sled?

From ZRP website;

Note: pre-order only. This part is anticipated to be available toward the end of October but may be unexpectedly delayed.
We used the AXYS RMK as our benchmark to improve the snowmobility of the Ski Doo Gen 4. We matched the ground clearance and tunnel angles for improved deep snow performance.
This taller spindle uses out Ski Bolt Back Geometry that improves handling by putting the ski bolt in line with the upper and lower a-arms.
Please note that you will have to adjust/tune your suspension to your individual needs after adding these spindles. If you do not feel comfortable making these changes please work with a dealer that is knowledgeable in suspension customization.
It is recommended to use both the Zmotion and T-motion lockout with this product for proper performance.

Last edited:
S
Oct 28, 2019
Colorado
Meant to, but only remembered half way through. They are definitely taller and steeper. The arms are closer to each other. I can take some pics with a tape tomorrow, but might be a week or two before I have another 850 to take height numbers against.

Pro Wrench

Lifetime Membership
Aug 4, 2002
Rapid City S.D.
Ok guys bare with me here. I was hoping someone with more experience on the G4 chassis would chime in but it don't appear that's going to happen. So I'm new to the 850 ski doo. Sold my 2019 850 Polaris and then bought a low mileage 2017 850 Ski Doo. The guy I bought it from had removed the swaybar. So i put the raised spindles on, put the limiter strap on the 2nd hole and rode 3 days in Togwotee. It actually gets on the snow really well. It still felt a little heavy on the front end for my liking. with no swaybar the previous owner had the ski shocks pre-loaded a lot. I found a swaybar and backed the pre-load off. thought that might lighten the front end. It really didnt do much. My next step will be to let the limiter strap out to the 1st hole. Not sure when I will get out to ride again so I hope someone else can add some info before I get to ride again.

Premium Features