• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ZRP Lift Kit Spindles

Summit74

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
bozeman, mt
Ok guys bare with me here. I was hoping someone with more experience on the G4 chassis would chime in but it don't appear that's going to happen. So I'm new to the 850 ski doo. Sold my 2019 850 Polaris and then bought a low mileage 2017 850 Ski Doo. The guy I bought it from had removed the swaybar. So i put the raised spindles on, put the limiter strap on the 2nd hole and rode 3 days in Togwotee. It actually gets on the snow really well. It still felt a little heavy on the front end for my liking. with no swaybar the previous owner had the ski shocks pre-loaded a lot. I found a swaybar and backed the pre-load off. thought that might lighten the front end. It really didnt do much. My next step will be to let the limiter strap out to the 1st hole. Not sure when I will get out to ride again so I hope someone else can add some info before I get to ride again.

Don’t have the spindles yet, on order. I think going to the 1st hole and adding the z motion and you will get what your looking for. Long limiter Should keep the front end playful but z motion will help keep the skis a little closer to the ground.

I am currently set up this way with the z-motion, long limiter strap and I have ability to lock out my rear shock with Fox IQS system. Looking forward to trying the new spindle combined with the new expert ski rubber.

Last edited:

Summit74

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
bozeman, mt
Got out on my expert yesterday with the raised spindles. I’m sold. It does increase ski pressure a little, but with my limiter set one hole out from stock it’s great. So I felt the stock sled was working great and an improvement over previous 2017 165 I had. I’m guilty of wondering can it be better. So I bought the spindles to see. Trail manners improved, gets up on top the snow better in pow, side hilling was even easier. Need more time but with the new ski rubber, raised spindle, z motion and lockout. This thing goes anywhere I need it to.

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
British Columbia
Any more reports? I'm thinking ZRP lift spindles, torsion spring delete, and t-motion locked out would really improve the Gen 4's ability in the trees. I have been spending a lot of time jumping back and forth between all 3 brands this winter, comparing back to back in the same terrain. I really like and prefer the Gen 4 in most situations and seriously looking at snow checking a turbo 850 but when it gets really steep and technical its flaws show. It takes a little more effort to keep on edge and is just squirrelly/less predictable then Cat and Poo in steep terrain. If these spindles do as advertised they would be a no brainer upgrade for the Gen 4.

S
Oct 28, 2019
Colorado
The spindles are great. My sled is absolutely ripping. Up and out of the snow quicker, On edge easier, better road handling (hard to say since I ride trees from my doorstep at10,500) the taller stance raises the c.o.g and helps it get from edge to edge quicker. I was considering a snowcheck Turbo but am going to wait. Between loosing 30 lbs on the front end,(Panels,hood,can) new gearing and clutching, and the lift spindles, the sled is a completely different animal. All the changes combined make a huge difference in the tech terrain. I have a tmotion lock out and durapros but have been riding too much to take the time to install. Maybe this week. Going to disassemble and chop the cooler this summer.......

LPIdaho

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
IF,ID
Ok guys bare with me here. I was hoping someone with more experience on the G4 chassis would chime in but it don't appear that's going to happen. So I'm new to the 850 ski doo. Sold my 2019 850 Polaris and then bought a low mileage 2017 850 Ski Doo. The guy I bought it from had removed the swaybar. So i put the raised spindles on, put the limiter strap on the 2nd hole and rode 3 days in Togwotee. It actually gets on the snow really well. It still felt a little heavy on the front end for my liking. with no swaybar the previous owner had the ski shocks pre-loaded a lot. I found a swaybar and backed the pre-load off. thought that might lighten the front end. It really didnt do much. My next step will be to let the limiter strap out to the 1st hole. Not sure when I will get out to ride again so I hope someone else can add some info before I get to ride again.

Your front track shock spring is likely too loose. That setting is the primary driver of ski pressure adjustability.

Summit74

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
bozeman, mt
So have people found any negative in the taller spindle?
Can people that have run them truly attest to an advantage on side hills?

Thats a hard one to answer. I think they are definitely an advantage in most technical situations, however in low snow conditions I’m still not sure. On steep sidehills yes I felt they have the advantage in all conditions. In deep snow, they helped the mobility as advertised, sled climbed out of holes easier and got up on top the snow quicker.

In lower snow conditions I felt more feedback through the bars and sled was just not as playful, because of more ski pressure caused by lifting the front end. I did let my limit strap out a hole and was running the ZRP zmotion w/ lock out. I’m going to run my turbo with the stock spindles to see how I like it. May run the tall spindle again in the future, but going to try stock first for a few rides before deciding.

C
Dec 25, 2019
Did the rear suspension feel like it had more preload? I've spend a good amount of money trying to get this rear suspension dialed and wouldn't want to ruin it by lifting the front?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Summit74

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
bozeman, mt
Did the rear suspension feel like it had more preload? I've spend a good amount of money trying to get this rear suspension dialed and wouldn't want to ruin it by lifting the front?

I’m definitely no expert, put yes there was at first. After I lengthened the front limiter, it was back to stock feeling with the benefits of lifted front end.

C
Dec 25, 2019
So my issue would be I have the RCS torsion set up with the progressive torsion block and valved and dual rate shocks. With that kit it requires you to run a longer limiter strap and I only have on e hole left lol

Summit74

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
bozeman, mt
I don’t think you will know for sure how you like it till you give them a try, which is a $500 investment to see if it accomplishes what your after.

With Brett’s kit doesn’t he actually shorten the ski shocks a little to lower front end and change angle of attack?

C
Dec 25, 2019
Yea they are I believe an inch shorter maybe a touch more I wasn't about to dump 3k in suspension for the whole kit even though I'm definitely over that now for everything I have into it lol but it's going to be a great set up

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
How are these compared to 2021 Ski-Doo Deep Snow Lightweight Ski Spindle Kit PN 860201976 ? These SKIDOO spindles can be had for under $200 delivered

02sedona

Lifetime Membership
Jan 13, 2008
Reno, NV
I made the purchase this morning for the lifted spindles and z motion link for my 2020 165” 850. Looking forward to being able to give some feedback on these. It seems that these are a bit elusive to get any info on.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
What i want to know is if pulling it back 3/8 and putting it inline get rid of the ski searching all the time. Mainly in less than stellar snow. Really bad for unwanted feedback. I've had the bars jerked out of my hands before. That is doos worst downfall.

02sedona

Lifetime Membership
Jan 13, 2008
Reno, NV
What i want to know is if pulling it back 3/8 and putting it inline get rid of the ski searching all the time. Mainly in less than stellar snow. Really bad for unwanted feedback. I've had the bars jerked out of my hands before. That is doos worst downfall.
Me too! I’m coming off a 2017 axys that was pretty dialed in. The bar movement sidehilling from the g4 is noticeable compared to the axys as well as going through chop.

Premium Features