• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ZRP Billet Rear Scissor Install for Alpha Monorail

I
Jan 4, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada

After breaking a stock one with no jumping, no impacts, no probable cause, i feel it’s cheap insurance.

Did a little how to installing it. I definitely recommend going with the through bolt either from ZRP or the Arctic Cat kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JMCX

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta
With those bushings being a press fit where is the pivot point?

When going to a through-bolt at the bottom is there a potential for crushing the rail? Or is it a shoulder bolt?

I
Jan 4, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
With those bushings being a press fit where is the pivot point?

When going to a through-bolt at the bottom is there a potential for crushing the rail? Or is it a shoulder bolt?

There is the rubber self lubricating insulators that come stock in the sled. Then the steel bushing spins inside the insulator. There is a lip seal on the insulator which is why I used a vise to squeeze them in. I put grease on the steel bushings to help them spin.

There is no potential for crushing the rail at all. The sleeve where the OE bolts screwed into goes through the rail the whole way. Plus the bolt is only an m6, the hole is drilled to 1/4” the bolt will strip well before the rail crushes. Good thing is that you don’t even need to absolutely crank on that little bolt. Just enough to keep it all held into rail.

You want to tighten the bolt to keep the steel bushings tight to the rail so they don’t spin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Features