• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ZR 200 or Snowscoot thumb Warmer

Trashy

⚙️
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2003
Sherwood Park, Ab, Canada
So the kido’s snowcheck showed up, got it home and realized that it has hand warmers but no thumb warmer.... seems like a bit of a cheesy shortcut but I’m over it.

I’m gonna guess that lots of you have already looked after this, let’s hear what you used for parts. I know there are kits available from Cat as well as the aftermarket. I haven’t ruled out the possibility of replacing the flipper with an OEM one with a heater if I can find a good match.

M
Oct 4, 2015
Montana
So the kido’s snowcheck showed up, got it home and realized that it has hand warmers but no thumb warmer.... seems like a bit of a cheesy shortcut but I’m over it.

I’m gonna guess that lots of you have already looked after this, let’s hear what you used for parts. I know there are kits available from Cat as well as the aftermarket. I haven’t ruled out the possibility of replacing the flipper with an OEM one with a heater if I can find a good match.

Trashy

⚙️
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2003
Was curious about the carb work

Supposedly they have made some refinements on the 2020’s to fix some of the starting and idle issues the earlier sleds had.

Trashy

⚙️
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2003
So an update on this thread,

I got a used throttle from a ‘15 RMK, and extracted the element from it. Did a bit of milling on the stock AC flipper (to thin out the plastic and leave a flat surface for mounting) and JB welded the element in place. It’s a 3 wire element so that allows for multiple heat possibilities, used the highest resistance (“lowest” heat) and it is just about right IMO.

Working perfectly so far.....

K

kovs

Nov 29, 2007
saskatchewan
I used a Atv thumb warmer. It fit in there just nice

The carb work... well they missed the mark imho. -5 c and I still need to play with choke to get it to spool up like it should without popping and farting It was faster when I do that. So I ordered some jets off eBay might be mistake or have to go bit bigger than genuine ones but will try it. Maybe will help it start better to with the e start. Just so lean it’s wants to fire and does but starter kicks out b4 it’s running so it quits

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M
Feb 7, 2009
Wabush, Labrador
Quarter throttle full choke. once started, place choke at 1/2 and then 1/4 as idle changes. I was pretty much ready to burn the thing one day. It wouldn't start and when it did it wouldn't idle. Since I started using this procedure its been flawless.. in all temps.

M
Feb 7, 2009
Wabush, Labrador
So cat cut production on the heated thumb warmer accessory. I cant seem to find a part number for the one that comes on the 2020s either..

Anyone have any other options? I don't want to modify the throttle too much.

Trashy

⚙️
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2003
C8722D59-CBE3-4C5B-A309-A6915BA1A7C9.jpeg
So cat cut production on the heated thumb warmer accessory. I cant seem to find a part number for the one that comes on the 2020s either..

Anyone have any other options? I don't want to modify the throttle too much.

Looks like it’s standard on a 2021... or it’s a misprint that will cause some grief when the sleds arrive.

Seriously though, at the manufacturing level that little heater element would cost them about 15 cents.

Premium Features