• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ZR 200 brake questions

catzr

Lifetime Membership
Jan 13, 2008
Selah
How do you bleed the brakes on a 2019 ZR 200
it has a hayes system
I dont have a Cat dealer close
Does the Little Polaris or Ski-Doos have the same system

MNBlizzard

Lifetime Membership
Feb 28, 2012
Duluth, MN
I haven't done it in mine yet but it should not much different than a typical brake bleeding process. Open the reservoir cover, fill it, pump the brake, fill the reservoir as needed, open the bleeder valve on the caliper and pull the brake to force out any air, shut off bleeder and repeat as needed.

catzr

Lifetime Membership
Jan 13, 2008
Selah
I haven't done it in mine yet but it should not much different than a typical brake bleeding process. Open the reservoir cover, fill it, pump the brake, fill the reservoir as needed, open the bleeder valve on the caliper and pull the brake to force out any air, shut off bleeder and repeat as needed.
Thats what I thought, it hasnt worked out that way
This is a very small capacity system, thanks

M
Feb 7, 2009
Wabush, Labrador
it may be the same as the full size brakes.

I've found that just flicking the lever works rather than squeezing it. tap the banjo bolt, move around the brake line and situate the brake in a way that the bubbles will want to flow to the top and out.

Thistledoo

Lifetime Membership
reverse bleed it....get a syringe....fill will the proper fluid and get a small piece of hose...loosen bleeder and slowly push fluid up and thru system...will work like a charm
soon as you see air bubbles and level rise out resivor be ready to tighten bleeder screw

catzr

Lifetime Membership
Jan 13, 2008
Selah
reverse bleed it....get a syringe....fill will the proper fluid and get a small piece of hose...loosen bleeder and slowly push fluid up and thru system...will work like a charm
soon as you see air bubbles and level rise out resivor be ready to tighten bleeder screw
thank you, I have a A C hayes kit coming , I may get to try this before it gets here

Trashy

⚙️
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2003
Sherwood Park, Ab, Canada
I see that Hayes has a really good tutorial on their website that covers all their specific fittings and processes. I didn’t see one for the AC200’s tho, was for a MTB, but close enough.

catzr

Lifetime Membership
Jan 13, 2008
Selah
I see that Hayes has a really good tutorial on their website that covers all their specific fittings and processes. I didn’t see one for the AC200’s tho, was for a MTB, but close enough.
found that video, its good. I picked up 2 syringes and hose from tractor supply today
had a chance to try bleeding once that way.
I am not happy with the results yet, making progress
the hayes kit should be here tuesday

catzr

Lifetime Membership
Jan 13, 2008
Selah
I feel that I got the brakes to bleed and function tonight with the tractor supply
syringes and weed wacker hose, 10$ tools
Hayes kit isnt here yet, LOL
Thanks for the help

KMorgan

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 21, 2011
i tried the reverse bleed. didnt work. any ideas?

catzr

Lifetime Membership
Jan 13, 2008
Selah
i tried the reverse bleed. didnt work. any ideas?
try turning the brake lever /res on the handle bars so the port is up
I had the best luck using 2 syringes with hoses. Push pull effect.
I pulled the brake pads out and used a spacer in the calipers for resistance
( plastic handled pliers fit in there well)

Premium Features