• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Your 2019 college football thread

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
Gotta love this time of year, each week there are fewer & fewer games that mean anything on one hand, but on the other hand the games that do have conference championship ramifications become much more exciting!

It's probably about that time to start complaining about only having a 4 team playoff.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Totally. Sounds fun.

BTW, did you come to Missoula when NDSU played here in 2015?
That was the ESPN game to kick off the season.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
No. I'm not their typical travel anywhere fan, don't have the time or finances to do that. But would LOVE to make the trek to Oregon next fall!!!

We only go to one or two games a year. Love it, but then you miss all the other games that day. Plus at home the chair is more comfortable, the food is cheaper, I can drink beer, and the dog is with me. Those are pretty good reasons to watch from home!

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
ESPN College GameDay today is from the Sewer Cities! (oops, I meant Twin Cities, musta been a Freudian slip there!)
Who will take possession of the coveted Axe?
Both teams have a great running game, so I don't think that the weather favors either team. The weather may contribute to mistakes. The team that better takes advantage of these mistakes will win.

How about Michigan/Ohio State? Can the Wolverines pull off an upset?

Big 12. Shootout between K State and Iowa State has my attention too. On paper you gotta go with the Cyclones, but NEVER overlook a Klieman team.

What games are on your radar today?

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
Who will take possession of the coveted Axe?

Axe will be safe & sound, back at Camp Randall where it belongs!
Now we get a chance to avenge the whooping that the Buckeyes laid on us earlier this season.
That's gonna take some extreme scenarios to work out.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
Big 12. Shootout between K State and Iowa State has my attention too. On paper you gotta go with the Cyclones, but NEVER overlook a Klieman team.

Should have put some money where my mouth was on that one.

Last edited:

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
I pull for B1G West teams, Badgers specifically.
Sadly, I don't see a path to anything better than 8-4 and I'm predicting Huskers to win the West, only to lose to Michigan for the B1G Championship

Wow, I kinda took wrong to a whole new level there!

Congrats to Ohio State, and I hope that they can finish the job!

gonehuntnpowder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2008
Eastern Idaho
For as bad as Ohio State looked on the first half, I thought they were done, but it was a different team in the second half. Can’t imagine they won’t have the 1 seed. LSU look tough also.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
Scott, good luck against Weber tonight!

We'll be at the Bison game tomorrow for their win!

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
Our "world-famous" (lol) BSU Broncos are taking on Washington (Coach Peterson's team who was a previous Bronco coach) today in the Las Vegas Bowl.
Should be a great game!!

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
Our "world-famous" (lol) BSU Broncos are taking on Washington (Coach Peterson's team who was a previous Bronco coach) today in the Las Vegas Bowl.
Should be a great game!!
What time & channel?
Wanna watch JMU & Weber tonight as well as the Badger girls going for the Natl Volleyball championship .
Too much action in one night!!!

Premium Features