• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

You can sell ANYTHING on Craigslist, but not a fargin PUPPY?

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I get flagged and removed for putting up a puppy listing.

WTF?

You can sell ANYTHING on there including raunchy personal ads, but not a ****in PUPPY?

COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!

You can sell puzzy but you can't sell puppies?

Last edited:

MARV1

Lifetime Membership
May 3, 2004
Kotlik, AK
BS what you cannot sell on there, but there is a wide variety of items you can.

S

Supplicate

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 4, 2005
Slowdotnuh
if someone decides to flag your post it doesn't really matter what you are trying to sell. Have had several dirtbike posts flagged and removed and had to re-list.

A

Abominable

Dec 30, 2003
Evel Knievel jump site, ID
snowest.com
if someone decides to flag your post it doesn't really matter what you are trying to sell. Have had several dirtbike posts flagged and removed and had to re-list.

Yep, just list again. It wasn't Craigslist that flagged you, it was readers. If enough of them do it your ad comes down automatically, and what usually happens is one person takes offense at your ad then goes to a forum they belong to and posts a thread with a link to your ad asking for others to flag it too. As soon as enough people do it gets removed.:rolleyes:

W
Nov 26, 2007
Bay City MI
Yep, just list again. It wasn't Craigslist that flagged you, it was readers. If enough of them do it your ad comes down automatically, and what usually happens is one person takes offense at your ad then goes to a forum they belong to and posts a thread with a link to your ad asking for others to flag it too. As soon as enough people do it gets removed.:rolleyes:

Yep, I've seen that happen too.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I'm going to word it very creatively so that dumb arses can't tell from the title what it is...except someone looking for that specific item.

Can I get some help on the title?

"Heterogeneous collection of dependent Labradors"

S

Superjag

Jan 30, 2002
Saint Paul, MN
Ok, so I've never posted anything for sale or bought anything on Craigslist. Can somebody to me why an ad for puppies would get "flagged" by readers and pulled from the site? I don't get it.

I bet if you offered to let people f*ck those puppies, you'd get a mass of perverts with checkbooks in-hand knocking on your door...

Labradors = Canis Familiaris

S
Dec 29, 2001
Brainerd,MN
I'm going to word it very creatively so that dumb arses can't tell from the title what it is...except someone looking for that specific item.

:D Haha, thats good. There's a place in the Obama admin for someone with your talent for creating politically correct fuzzy phrases. LOL.

A

Abominable

Dec 30, 2003
Evel Knievel jump site, ID
snowest.com
Just list it like you did before, and if it gets flagged, then list it again. I think you have to change up the text a little to get by the autobot screening process, but thats just how craigslist is. It's actually good for sellers 'cause relisting it keeps your item on top.

2 years ago I made about 4 grand selling Wii's on C/L at Christmas time, I would have to relist about every hour 'cause of the flaggers that hated resellers and all it did was keep my ad at the top of the page.

T
Nov 26, 2007
Prince George, BC
www.cap-it.com
Maybe someone is tired of the puppy mill that you're running over there Scott. You know those pups look a little under nourished and not very well taken care of. (JK)

It's amazing that you can meet a guy on Craigslist that will wear woman's clothes and parade around like a fairy but you can't legitimately sell a pup. Someone out there doesn't like you very much Scott.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Yep, lots of people on there trying to get rid of anything that has to do with animals, especially dogs. They think everyone on there is running a puppy mill.
We had the same problem when we put a dog on there, tried many different creative wordings and just gave up.

W
Nov 26, 2007
Snoqualmie, WA
We bought our pup off Craigslist so it must be the anti-puppymill people. Some of them are nuts. The pet store we buy our dog supplies from has protestors out there every weekend, and they don't sell dogs from a puppy mill.:confused:

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
hahaha...Scott I'm sure if you talk to one of those lovely gentlemen in there, you can get a good trade for a puppy..:face-icon-small-dis:D

I'll let you do the talking. HAHA. I'm stayin OUT of that one.

Premium Features