• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Yeti track length

El Gringo

Premium Member
Jan 30, 2010
Calgary Alberta
Hi All, so we had our first snow fall over the weekend and it got me thinking about snow biking again. I have a 2016 Yeti 129, it has the stock soft Maxtrack 1. I want to change to the new Camso DTS style track but can't decide whether to go 129 again or get rail extensions and go 137. I weigh 220 and am old so think the extra flotation might be good. The problem I have is that the only 137 I have ever riden was a 2014 Timbersled, which was OK in deep snow but a bit of a long nasty pig anywhere else. So anyone who has riden a pre 2020 137 Yeti vs a 129, I would love to hear from you. I ride in interior BC so light powder rather than coastal concrete. Thanks for any input.

GKR

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
I would suspect the new Camso track on the 129" will perform as good or better than the 137" with the Maxtrack 1 altho I'm not sure the difference is as significant in the dry pow. The Maxtrack 1 is still a good performer in the deep dry, it shows its limitations when there is a crust or hard pack layer on top. I ride in the same area/conditions (similar weight and age problem too, lol) and have had both a 2016 129" and a 2016 137" both with Maxtrack 1. Overall there was not a huge difference but as you might imagine, the 137" allows you to tip toe around in the deep a little easier but tends to be more flat and stable feeling than the 129" The 129" overall is more fun and flickable it seems to me and if I had to pick one for overall use in all conditions it would be the 129" with the camso track.
I can get you a pretty decent deal on that Camso track for either length too if you are interested, pm me and I'll get you some specifics. I also have a 2016 Yeti 137" with Maxtrack for sale if you end up wanting to go that way rather than rail extensions.

Premium Features