• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Yeti - still in the game?

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
I believe I saw the threads ewe speak of, They were weighed on bikes and some were KTM and some were Beta , Yamaha which are all very heavy bikes compared to the SX KTM. My 129 SS rear only Yeti was 89 lbs with soft strut ., CMX kits have gained weight each year with the heavier new track and milled aluminum spindle ,ewer suggestion is good to have year and model for comparison's.

GKR

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
According to the two websites comparing the 129" kits, the Yeti is 112.9lbs, the Tsled is 129lbs. That's 16 lbs difference which is about 15% overall which certainly makes a difference. The front ends are only 2 lbs different (with Tsled being lighter) but in the rear the difference is 18lbs (Tsled heavier) That's almost 20% heavier in the rear .
It does not specify which strut is in the Tsled kit but the Yeti includes the soft strut in its weight specs.

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
According to the two websites comparing the 129" kits, the Yeti is 112.9lbs, the Tsled is 129lbs. Thats 16 lbs difference which is about 15% which certainly makes a difference. The front ends are only 2 lbs different (with Tsled being lighter) but in the rear the difference is 18lbs (Tsled heavier) It does not specify which strut is in the Tslde kit but the Yeti includes the soft strut in its weight specs.
I have a brand New 2020 129 yeti in the shop , I will hang from commercial scale today ,And the T sled front end was 2 lbs less than Yeti .

Chadx

♫ In the pow again. Just can't wait to get in..
Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
Bozeman, MT
How much different is the ski pressure between yeti, cmx and t-sled?

Totally depends on how you set up the fork height in the triple tree and fork springs, skid sp4ings/shocks and the length of shock/fixed strut (much like changing snowmobile shock settings and limiter strap setting dramatically changes ski pressure). You can make a cmx planted or a yeti squirrelly (plus, "timbersled" is too broad of a question since they have two completely different acting kits available), but big picture, inherent to their design, the cmx and tsled riot are light on the front ski compared to the tsled aro, yeti and camso kits.

Last edited:

tillbuilt

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Henderson, Co.
To answer the original question. Yeti is still very much in the game. I spoke to my upper level contact at Yeti yesterday and asked him the same question. Per Yeti internal yesterday "we just got out of our 5 year planning session". So that tells me they are still in the game a big way. Especially if they are planning the next 5 years. He also related to me that the 2022 release will put Yeti back on top of what is NEW and on top of the snow bike game.

Yeti came out huge with the Fat Boy Slim in 2020. It's design with the 12" wide track and 5.5" rail spacing is at the top of it's game and incredible to ride!!!! A129FR is so nimble it feels like a 120 on the hard pack and set up snow, but has the flotation of a 129. Same goes for the 137MT, it feels and handles like you are on a 129, but you have the monster flotation in the soft snow that will outclimb an ARO3 with out the bulk of a 3" paddle pulling down the motor from the load of a big paddle.

So yes I think Yeti is still in the game and staying at the top of the pack.

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
To answer the original question. Yeti is still very much in the game. I spoke to my upper level contact at Yeti yesterday and asked him the same question. Per Yeti internal yesterday "we just got out of our 5 year planning session". So that tells me they are still in the game a big way. Especially if they are planning the next 5 years. He also related to me that the 2022 release will put Yeti back on top of what is NEW and on top of the snow bike game.

Yeti came out huge with the Fat Boy Slim in 2020. It's design with the 12" wide track and 5.5" rail spacing is at the top of it's game and incredible to ride!!!! A129FR is so nimble it feels like a 120 on the hard pack and set up snow, but has the flotation of a 129. Same goes for the 137MT, it feels and handles like you are on a 129, but you have the monster flotation in the soft snow that will outclimb an ARO3 with out the bulk of a 3" paddle pulling down the motor from the load of a big paddle.

So yes I think Yeti is still in the game and staying at the top of the pack.
Agreed, yes the Yeti 137 MT hammered the 3 inch on side by side pull in the deep, the 3 inch had to downshift half way up the climb to regain RPM and lost ground speed, The 3 inch does have a good advantages for short burst if you can keep RPM up and if we had More HP , anyone in the Mt Adams area juant to run your 3 inch against the new Yetis ? , as for other comments our CMX and Yeti have the same lite ski pressure its all about setup" I am not brand loyal however performance is noted, The T sled Aero is best kit for drops with very steep approach angle which allows for more front arm travel, T sled marketing strategy claimed the steep axle angle on last years lineup was better for performance and now claims in 2021 their new lower axle is for better performance ?? Riot is best for finding a hill and playing with 180,s. and ditch banging probably the best kit for low snow areas or flatter terrain , CMX use to be king when the new track came out however fallen far behind competition now and has gained weight and retains a very low axle which has issues climbing on top the snow, Camso has no front suspension lift and little rear suspension travel and Is a entry budget kit, we built 3 for HMK and they now ride the New Yetis, Yeti are best for extreme powder mountain riding and harnessing efficiency. They are all capable however the technology of Yeti is so far ahead of every other kit at this time. Yeti had 5 areas in the design that needed addressed and they did a remarkable redesign for 2020, They provide carbon and titanium all very expensive materials instead of steel bolts/nuts and aluminum / steel chassis, chains, Even today using these expensive materials on sled builds resulted in a 30K build. It wasn't till 2020 that Yeti totally had a solid kit with the redesign. If there is a problem with the Yeti ewe will hear about it from me, I am not bought and will disclose accurate truthful info. I do not intend to step on toes however will not dance around the issues"

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
I am excited to see the future.... hopefully someone can figure out how to get that skid farther under the bike!

Sent from my SM-F916U1 using Tapatalk

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
I am excited to see the future.... hopefully someone can figure out how to get that skid farther under the bike!

The problem with that is foot room, The CMX is one inch forward and you have to ride with right foot further forward than left foot due to the drive systems and cover ,we run a 14 tooth counter shaft sprocket which pushes kits forward.

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
Unless the drive system and be moved to inside of the tunnel and or set in to it... but keeps coming back to purpose built I guess.

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Unless the drive system and be moved to inside of the tunnel and or set in to it... but keeps coming back to purpose built I guess.

the tunnel is only as wide for fitment and the track width. Simple rail profiles can move the contact spot forward resulting in the same goal.

Premium Features