• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

yamaha nytro float plate

H

HDEMWET

Nov 19, 2010
i live in swastika, ont. canada
i bought a float plate from my dealer, i have mixed reviews on it. i should first mention that i am a licensed heavy equipment mechanic and have been wrenching on my own sleds for years. this was the most miserable install i have ever done. lining up the 4 screws under the engine was an ordeal i hope to not have to repeat. once installed, it looked pretty good. it performs awesome, haven't gotten stuck yet and seem to climb on top of the snow a little better than before. snow builds up like crazy though between it and the belly pan and ices up solid. i find myself having to beat the pan between each ride to dislodge the ice. i've heard some folks recommend drilling holes in it to vent out the snow, but i believe this would defeat the purpose of the float plate. i plan on making an access cover for the filter in the summer and adhering the float plate directly to the belly pan to prevent ice build up.

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
wrong location... lol

Last edited:
Premium Features