• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

yamaha motor in iq chassis???

R
Nov 29, 2007
i was watching the videos on snowest M1000 Big Dawg = Fast and the sled right infront of the camera seems to be a iqr chassis with some kind of yamaha 4 stroke motor running on propane "look under the seat at the tanks" in it i was wondering if anyone had any information or pictures on this sled??? :D

mattymac

Lifetime Membership
Apr 12, 2004
Sutter Ca.
i was watching the videos on snowest M1000 Big Dawg = Fast and the sled right infront of the camera seems to be a iqr chassis with some kind of yamaha 4 stroke motor running on propane "look under the seat at the tanks" in it i was wondering if anyone had any information or pictures on this sled??? :D

val, verlin simmons did something like this last year dont know if its the same sled or not. Believe it was a dragon not an IQR.

Last edited:

Richey

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Utah
When I was at Tony Grove about a month ago. Verlin Simmons had this sled up there and let me take it for a spin. It was insane how fast it was and how much power it had. It seemed to me that there wouldn't be any hill that could slow that sled down.

K
Jan 19, 2008
Utah
I saw the same sled at his shop tuesday.
Very impressive looking sled to say the least!
What threw me off was he has .010 deep cross hatch machined into the driven sheeves... He said it grabs better.
Was invited to try them out yesterday, but work and the weather didn't cooperate.

rab

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
I saw the same sled at his shop tuesday.
Very impressive looking sled to say the least!
What threw me off was he has .010 deep cross hatch machined into the driven sheeves... He said it grabs better.
Was invited to try them out yesterday, but work and the weather didn't cooperate.

I wonder what that does for the longevity of the belt

S

Spud

Mar 5, 2003
Lewistown,MT-USA
Way Whoa!

that sounded like his dune buggy motor. LOL!
TS20Brad20motor2Ejpg.jpg

100_3384HoldontoyourHatBrad.jpg

http://[URL=http://s99.photobucket.com/albums/l309/MTSPUD/?action=view&current=100_3383.flv][/URL]

Last edited:
Premium Features