• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

yamaha codes!

J

johnny be bad

Nov 26, 2007
in the getto
Yamaha Error Codes for Apex, Attak, and Apex Mountain models

Code #
Item
Symptom
Fail-Safe Action Starting Capability Running Capability
11 Cylinder identification sensor No normal signals are received from the cylinder identification sensor Continues to operate the engine based on the results of the cylinder identification that existed up to that point Unable Able
12 Crankshaft position sensor No normal signals are received from the crankshaft position sensor Stops the engine (by stopping the injection and ignition) Unable Unable
14 Intake air pressure sensor (open or short circuit) (pipe system) Intake air pressure sensor-open or short circuit detected.
Faulty intake air pressure sensor system Fixes the intake air pressure to 85.0 kPa. Able Able
16 Throttle position sensor (open or short circuit) (stuck) Throttle position sensor-open or short circuit detected Fixes the throttle position sensor to fully open Able Able
20 Intake air pressure
Atmospheric pressure Defective values are detected due to the internal malfunction Fixes the intake air pressure and atmospheric pressure to 85.0 kPa. Able Able
21 Coolant temperature sensor Coolant temperature sensor-open or short circuit detected Fixes the coolant temperature to 600 C. After the engine starts, the radiator fan relay will be turned on. Able Able
22 Intake temperature sensor Intake temperature sensor-open or short circuit detected Fixes the intake temperature to 00 C. Able Able
23 Atmospheric pressure sensor (open or short circuit) Atmospheric pressure sensor-open or short circuit detected Fixes the atmospheric pressure to 85.0 kPa. Able Able
30 Oil pressure dropped Engine stops when the oil pressure drop is detected Fuel pump and fuel injection are stopped (main relay is off) Unable Unable
36 Faulty ignition Open circuit detected in the primary lead of the ignition coil Cut the injection of cylinder in the same group with the cylinder that the error is detected. Example, when the #1 cylinder is defective, cut the injection of #1 and #4 cylinders. Turn on the power to the air induction solenoid to always cut-off the aire Able (depending on the number of faulty cylinders) Able (depending on the number of faulty cylinders)
42 Speed sensor No normal signals are received from the speed sensor Assumes highest ratio Able Able
43 Fuel system voltage (monitor voltage) The ECU is unable to monitor the battery voltage (an open circuit in the line to the ECU) Fixes the battery voltage to 12 V Able Able
44 Error in writing the amount of CO adjustment on the EEPROM An error is detected while reading or writing on the EEPROM (CO adjustment value) n/a Able Able
46 Vehicle system power supply (monitor voltage) Power supply to the FI system is not normal Grip warmer output is off Able Able
50 ECU internal malfunction (memory check error) Faulty ECU memory. When this malfunction is detected, the code number might not appear on the meter n/a Unable Unable
80 Grip warmer switch Grip warmer switch-short circuit detected n/a Able Able
81 Grip warmer Grip warmer-open or short circuit detected n/a Able Able
82 Thumb warmer switch Thumb warmer switch-short circuit detected n/a Able Able
83 Thumb warmer Thumb warmer-short circuit detected n/a Able Able
84 T.O.R.S. Detecting conditions for T.O.R.S. are satisfied n/a Able Unable
85 Oil pressure switch Oil pressure switch-open circuit detected n/a Able Able
- Start unable warning Relay is not turned ON even if the crank signal is input while the start switch is turned ON. When the start switch is turned ON while an error is detected with the fault code of number 11, 12, 30, or 50. Engine trouble warning light flashes when the start switch is turned on Unable Unable

hope these help ya all!

T

thinksnow

Nov 26, 2007
DICKINSON, ND
If you get a code 81, will that cause the check engine icon to show up? I think the yellow caution light is flashing or on also.

We just bought this sled and haven't rode it yet to check if the handwarmers are working at all. I tried adjusting them with the button, but nothing displays on the screen. I would assume that something is shorted or disconnected.

N

Northernboy

Dec 4, 2007
I made this spreadsheet up to tuck away in your wallet for reference on the trail or mountain. All codes come from 08 Nytro shop manual. Also has diagnostic codes.

Enjoy

:)

Attachments

• nytro codes.zip
    5.6 KB · Views: 575
G
Mar 13, 2009
Western NY
FX Nytro Fault Codes and Relay Location Diagram:

FXNytroFaultCodes3.jpg

Nytrorelaylocation2.png

Part #26 in the diagram is a wiring harness adapter for the 2011 updated relay. Yamaha part #8HG-81952-00-00
NytroRelayChanges.jpg

Fuselocation.jpg

Diagnostic Mode:
diag1.png

Diagnostic Mode Codes:
Diagcode1.jpg

Diagcode2.jpg

Z

zachwrench

Oct 30, 2011
Michigan
Thanks for psoting I had a code 43 yestrday and called ( cant believe my Phnoe had signal kinda) the dealer they said it was the last relay was the fuel pump.We messed with that one with no help called them back they said sawp the two rear relays once we did it would start.

I let it run for a bit then it shut off I had the yellow light along with it showing over temp.Once outa the deep stuff and one the trail all was good. Anyhow we got it back to the truck it would have been a really long night getting outa where we were.

Ill be putting these diagrams on my phone thanks again for posting.

A
yamaha sled with code 34

Good afternoon,
I have a Yamaha venture lite 500cc from 2010, it has an error code34, I bought two new spark plugs and I got the two ignition coils tested, they were both good. Where would you look to find where the error would be?

Thanks for your time
Abraham.meier

Premium Features