• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

xp airbox vs. pods -- perfomance wise

S

screech

Nov 23, 2009
so i hate the factory airbox in there. performance wise is it better or worse to remove it and put pod filters in?

are there any other options?

eddy

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
Sammamish WA
Air Box

Stock air box is a tuned port design and will flow 15% more air at 7900 RPM than pods. Unless you have changed the RPM where the power peak is: Pods will not improve performance. Pods may also produce a bog and/or poor throttle response.

S

screech

Nov 23, 2009
Stock air box is a tuned port design and will flow 15% more air at 7900 RPM than pods. Unless you have changed the RPM where the power peak is: Pods will not improve performance. Pods may also produce a bog and/or poor throttle response.

GREAT INFO THANKS!

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Yes, a properly sized airbox will always make more power. The airbox only goes as far as the temp probe, the intake plenum that attaches to the hood is not part of this...that can go away if you have another source of cool intake air, like a mesh hood. Short of a mesh hood, the stock intake is tough to beat.

W

wakeska813

Nov 5, 2011
I did the SLP air intake mod and it worked well for me last year. In deep snow I notice a difference, you could tell when the SLP intake really started working. I would approve!!

Premium Features