• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

WRP Products for the Polaris Pro/RMK Sleds

2Quickrides

Lifetime Membership
Nov 11, 2012
Edmonton
Had one of the seats on my old Edge RMK. Loved it.
Is the base of this one the same width as the stock seat, just 2" lower?

Those knee pads look light years better than the skinz! Wish I'd seen those first!

M

Marc WRP

Apr 27, 2009
www.wr-products.com
Had one of the seats on my old Edge RMK. Loved it.
Is the base of this one the same width as the stock seat, just 2" lower?

Those knee pads look light years better than the skinz! Wish I'd seen those first!

Same width and 2" lower. It is 3" Shorter in length than the 2011-12. Same length and the 13-15.

Marc

Bushwacker1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2008
Wisconsin
Are these seats complete with a base and you just bolt on your rear support, or is this a kit that is used on your old seat base?
Also wondering if they can be used with a fusion style tank that does not have the extra reinforcements built into the tank where the seat meets the tank. It does have the mounting tab on the tank. When I lined up a dragon style seat on that type of tank is looks like there is about a 5/8" gap that would need to be filled with some type of spacer, possibly gluing some hard dense foam to the seat bottom.
Is there any weight savings to be realized on these seats over the stock seats. I know the ones on the dragon RMK are heavier than the newest PRO seats but the newer ones have the aluminum rear support. How much do they weigh.

M

Marc WRP

Apr 27, 2009
www.wr-products.com
WRP Seat

The seat is a complete seat that bolts on in factory location. It may require that you move your seat post forward about 3/4".

Polaris fusion install. If your fusion is a 2005-2007 same as the RMK 600 tank i have done an install on one. Yes you are correct there will be a gap between the tank and the seat. Yes a good solution would be to place a 1" -1 1/2" piece of closed cell PE foam between the tank and seat. We rode with one like that last season and had no problems.

They are a bit lighter than the 2011-12 sleds but very similar to the 13-15 seats. I am not sure of the weight of each seat. What seat are you lookin at and i will go weigh it for you?

Thanks for all of the good questions.

Marc

Bushwacker1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2008
Wisconsin
I am working on a custom sled for my kids and was looking for the lightest seat and tank combo available. This will be on the older Polaris type chassis. I have one started on the gen 2 platform, but also have an Indy lite that I would like to long track at a later date. I bought a dragon tank and seat combo and found that this weighs more than the edge tank/ Boss seat combo I already had. The Boss edge seat is for the kicked up tunnel in the seat area and I will most likely have a straight tunnel without any kick up in the seat area, so the newer dragon/ pro set up seemed like the way to go until I weighed the combos. I recently picked up two of the fusion style tanks both similar but have some differences in the front of the tank due to one being for a carb and the other for fuel injection (I think). These also have a smaller venting system that is farther forward (not right next to the gas filler),and looks better than the newer dragon and pro tanks, as I plan to run without a tank counsel like the old Indys to shave off some more weight (raw look). I also found that the fusion tank was almost two pounds lighter than the dragon style tank I have (not sure if the pro tanks are lighter). Not sure if it is all in the reinforcements that are not in the tank but I don't think a foam spacer would add two pounds. Still need see how this compares to the weight of the edge tank. I was also looking at your edge seat with the rear post style supports as it looks to have a front and rear support system independent of the tank that attaches to the tunnel. This would also require some mods to the rear support if I were to use this with a non tipped up tunnel, unless you offer that seat for a gen two that only had a slight rear extension tip up well behind the seat. I have seen some on the forums make mounts to attach pro style seats to older sleds but I am not sure if the weight of any adapter I could make would provide any benefits in the quest to have the lightest tank and seat combo. So with the few options I am considering I guess I would need the weight on the edge type, a gen 2 if available, and the pro types as mentioned above in the lowest profile available as this would be for my two young children 10 and 11 years old. If there are options on getting something custom built I would be interested in that also. With some weighing in at 15 or more pounds there may be others that would want something similar, as this would be a great way to loose up to 10 pounds on an older sled being prepped for younger riders.

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
the low "rassmusen" seat does not come with rear seat post, imho the seat post from the 11-12 fits better than the 13-15 seat post, its a little shorter, also the wrp seat is slightly longer than the 13-15 seat and is like an lb lighter. i love my wrp low seat

Premium Features