Wraps

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
My pro-lite sled came with one on it. I had to replace some plastic panels and the tunnel so I had to strip it all off. I don't like the bare sled look so I did a new wrap on it. It looks really nice but it was $400, a solid 1/2 day of prep and application, and added 2.5lb of vinyl to the sled. I won't do another one unless I'm in the same situation again where I really need to cover the whole sled again. Since they all come with painted tunnels there's really no technical advantage to the tunnel wrap like there used to be on a bare aluminum one.

Ride it as-is and save the money for gas gets my vote.

ndfb35

Lifetime Membership
Oct 15, 2014
ND
Unless you can get a deal, a full wrap on average is $550 and add tax to that it and it's almost $600. To me $600 is a combination of: boards, can, handlebars, bumpers, guards and brake levers. All of which should make the sled more enjoyable than some purdy colors. I am all about making the sled "yours" but unless you have the extra coin to throw around focus on making the sled more rideable and performance.

Apr 26, 2017
I have the same opinion as the guys who posted above me. I bought an Alpha this year and went with an Octane Ink. wrap. It was custom and cost me about $600 bucks. It really made the sled look mean.

However, looking back now I could have spent that $600 bucks on performance items that could have really benefited the sled. I would say that one big positive is the protection it has provided. I ride my sled hard, as do most of us, and I put a lot scratches in that wrap this year, which saved the stock plastics. Whenever I decide to sell the sled and upgrade, it's not going to look like I hit every tree I went by.

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com
It will actually blow your mind how much a good wrap will hold your plastics together. I have wrapped my last 7 sleds and everytime I take one off I have plastics that were cracked underneath that I never even knew were broke because the wrap was keeping everything together. They definitely add durability and protect your investment from scratches etc. Also a busy wrap will hide scratches and dirt/grease. But in the end you have to decide if that $500 is worth it to you. I like the looks and protection they provide.

bgraff1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Lloydminster, Alberta
I hate wraps and think they are a big waste of money. in Canada your looking at $800+ plus install. I also hate all factory stickers and rip them off of every sled, truck, rzr I own lol. I get they keep some scratches off the plastic but that doesn't justify the price. plus half the wraps just look like $hit IMO, I prefer a clean look with some powder coating

Apr 26, 2017

Well, I cannot figure out a good way to insert an imagine but you can click on my attachment. I do not think that all wraps look like crap. In fact, I would highly recommend Octane Ink because I haven't seem them produce any wraps that don't look good. In addition, they can customize to anything you want. I'm super happy how my alpha turned out.

I also would never pay someone to install for me. If you look closely, you can tell I screwed up in a few spots where things don't line up. However, it was my first time and not hard at all. Anyone can do it, so I'd NEVER pay to bring it in.

I really do agree, the added protection for a 14-15K dollar machine is nice. You just have to justify if it's worth spending the extra $500 bucks or not. To each their own.

Attachments

Last edited:

niner

Lifetime Membership
Mar 16, 2008
Lacombe Alberta
[/IMG]

I like wraps just so you can personalize your sled. The Alpha stock graphics were junk but had a cool look. I went with a gloss black wrap with stockish looks. Do what you want, just make it your own.

Dec 10, 2018
Calgary, Alberta
[/IMG]

I like wraps just so you can personalize your sled. The Alpha stock graphics were junk but had a cool look. I went with a gloss black wrap with stockish looks. Do what you want, just make it your own.
Off topic but , how do the Backwoods BMP Bumpers fit with the bdx boards?

They are what I am going to be going with for bumpers most likely but curious on how fitment is with the running boards.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
All four of my sleds are wrapped. I do it plainly for personalization. I do think they offer a lot of protection to the tunnel and plastics from scratches. I really like artic Fx and octane inks new website. Those are the only two that have interactive customization of their wraps

Premium Features