• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

WPS Proprietary Snowbike

tomk

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2008
Havent been on the forum for a while, when I saw this (below) I figured this page would be full of chatter.... thoughts? Sounds like my design from a few years ago https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enDAzuoj3J0

copied from the snowbikeworld site.

"The WPS snowbike will feature a rising-rate rear suspension travel, designed to move and feel just like a dirt bike with a swingarm. The intent is to allow the bike to ride in it's proper chassis orientation, and give the bike maximum weight transfer to behave just like a dirt bike according to our source, Tim Piver, WPS Snow Sales Manager.

We've heard from riders who have tested the prototype kit that report the WPS snowbike lets you bring the ski up with a little throttle and clutching just as you would on a dirt bike with wheels.

The patent-pending suspension is desinged to feel and behave like a bike on snow, giving the bike a more balanced feel without so much force from the track kit pushing down on the front of the bike.

The WPS snowbike is reproted to have a 120-inch track, but test rider reports claim that it floats and performs in deep snow as well or better than longer systems because of the weight transfer aspects and floatation from the long-travel design. "

A
Jan 4, 2015
Canada
It's a different setup. The stock bike shock is mounted horizontal, on top of tunnel.

Like Timbersled SX 2014 era ?
SX-Kit.jpg

B
Feb 18, 2009
From what I can tell it's nothing like that. Really excited about this kit. Been waiting for a break though like this and perfect timing as I just picked up a TE 300i but waiting 1 year to add a snow bike kit to it. Wow, this has got me excited!

T
Feb 1, 2010
Entiat, WA

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
Options are good. On my sleds I was always trying to keep the skis down. Tough to weave your way uphill through tight trees if your skis are in the air. I’m not running enough horsepower for that to be a problem on my snow bike. It would be very handy to be able to lift the front end over rocks and trees when needed. That’s Why my next kit will probably be a CMX....Or possibly a new contender now.

B
Feb 18, 2009
Options are good. On my sleds I was always trying to keep the skis down. Tough to weave your way uphill through tight trees if your skis are in the air. I’m not running enough horsepower for that to be a problem on my snow bike. It would be very handy to be able to lift the front end over rocks and trees when needed. That’s Why my next kit will probably be a CMX....Or possibly a new contender now.

What makes a CMX lighter in the skis? I'd this WPS lie is not all what it's cracked up to be maybe CMX is my next best choice, Absolutely hate the planted heavy front end of the kits I've tried {Camso and 16 TS)

C

capulin overdrive

Apr 25, 2010
Speaking of UFO's.

How about going to youtube and searching UFO Snowbike kit.

Welcome to several years ago. If i remember right, Timbersled hired that kid, and then never heard about the kits anymore?

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Speaking of UFO's.

How about going to youtube and searching UFO Snowbike kit.

Welcome to several years ago. If i remember right, Timbersled hired that kid, and then never heard about the kits anymore?

Timbersled bought them out.
Used some ideas supposedly.

The ufo kits had terrible efficiency. (Friction)

Premium Features